Swap Meet need input

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Golden Dragon

Stay Alert.... Stay Alive
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    171   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Mandeville
    I call the Hammond tax dept., the lady say if it's just club member only and not open to the public then we would not have to pay a $250.00 permit and collect tax on sales and trades.

So it would be only open to Bayou Shooter Members and maybe NRA members.

The Banquet Hall is in Hammond and would charge $25.00 per table (day)and $5.00 per person for the cover(door).

Some time in Jan. SAT. and /or SUN.

What do you guys think?

Need feed back keep going with it. How many would be in?

I have been talking with Honestlou who stared this idea and a little busy right now .

Last edited:

Golden Dragon

Stay Alert.... Stay Alive
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    171   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Mandeville
    From Honestlou

"What will it cost to use the hall? How many tables can be set up, with 2 chairs behind each table? Do they provide table clothes or anything else? I would say to only allow individuals to display private collections. No dealers and no FFL sales. If an individual wants to trade or sell something, there is no sales tax owed or needed to be collected, and that's a big thing. I would definitely say guns, as well as parts, but maybe no ammunition. My idea is to have things that are interesting to look at, and maybe have some trading or sales. But I wouldn't want it to look or feel like most gun shows do now."

jmcrawf1

Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Madisonville
    From Honestlou

"What will it cost to use the hall? How many tables can be set up, with 2 chairs behind each table? Do they provide table clothes or anything else? I would say to only allow individuals to display private collections. No dealers and no FFL sales. If an individual wants to trade or sell something, there is no sales tax owed or needed to be collected, and that's a big thing. I would definitely say guns, as well as parts, but maybe no ammunition. My idea is to have things that are interesting to look at, and maybe have some trading or sales. But I wouldn't want it to look or feel like most gun shows do now."

The problem is, as I understand it, an FFL has to do the paperwork even on his personal collection.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    The problem is, as I understand it, an FFL has to do the paperwork even on his personal collection.

The op. said no dealers and no FFL sales which would eliminate all with an FFL from buying or selling a firearm. Anyone other than an FFL could Buy/Sell/Trade from their personal collection.

my-rifle

I make my own guns.
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2007
    Jefferson Parish
    The op. said no dealers and no FFL sales which would eliminate all with an FFL from buying or selling a firearm. Anyone other than an FFL could Buy/Sell/Trade from their personal collection.

According to the terms of my C&R license, I can buy and sell any gun I own except C&R firearms without using my FFL OR entering the transaction in my log. This means C&R holders should be able to exchange non-C&R firearms without violating the hall rules.

Damn I wish I could make it, but She Who Must Be Obeyed has ruled out all-day man activities like these. We have a 2-year old, and my wife's aunt who has Alzheimer's syndrome needs her attention. If I take a day off it leaves her holding the whole bag. It's just too much for one person :(

Last edited:

thatwhichisnt

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    According to the terms of my C&R license, I can buy and sell any gun I own except C&R firearms without using my FFL OR entering the transaction in my log. This means C&R holders should be able to exchange non-C&R firearms without violating the hall rules.

Damn I wish I could make it, but She Who Must Be Obeyed has ruled out all-day man activities like these. We have a 2-year old, and my wife's aunt who has Alzheimer's syndrome needs her attention. If I take a day off it leaves her holding the whole bag. It's just too much for one person :(

Bring the Chillen.

JadeRaven

Oh Snap
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Metairie
    I would love to go, but would just be showing up.

Really I could stand to liquidate some stuff so it wouldn't be a bad idea to have a table :wtc:

How would it work out, though, with advertising, getting in the door, making sure people are just BS members, NRA, etc?

Top Bottom