SWAT Team Sniper Uses Buddy's Shoulder as Stabilizer to Shoot Thug

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bam Bam

Certified gun nut!
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Denham Springs/Watson, La
    Nice shot, but I bet the guy to the front left of the muzzle felt that muzzle blast even though the rifle was suppressed. Risky shot IMHO shooting thru a monitor which could have deflected the bullet, but at the distance of the shot/monitor/bad guy I guess he felt safe in the shot. Way to go guys!! 1 less in the system to deal with now.

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    Nice shot, but I bet the guy to the front left of the muzzle felt that muzzle blast even though the rifle was suppressed. Risky shot IMHO shooting thru a monitor which could have deflected the bullet, but at the distance of the shot/monitor/bad guy I guess he felt safe in the shot. Way to go guys!! 1 less in the system to deal with now.
    I wondered the same thing about the guy at 11’oclock of the muzzle. Don’t worry…the projectile was spectrum staggered against deflection. They do it all the time. It will hold!

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Did he forget about sight over bore?

Not trying to start anything just wondering
    No, round was reported to be intentionally placed through the monitor and he hit the perp dead center of his forehead.
    Nice shot, but I bet the guy to the front left of the muzzle felt that muzzle blast even though the rifle was suppressed.
    Without a doubt, but they absolutely practice shots like this. The muzzle blast would be felt, but wouldn't be problematic.
    Risky shot IMHO shooting thru a monitor which could have deflected the bullet, but at the distance of the shot/monitor/bad guy I guess he felt safe in the shot. Way to go guys!! 1 less in the system to deal with now.
    With a .308? Unlikely that any modern monitor would deflect it.
    I don't know if anyone specifically teaches that technique or it's just an obvious way to get a good rest without a tree etc, but my father shot a couple of deer off my shoulder that way.
    My understanding is that this is a common drill.
    Anyone know the round? I’m guessing .308 or larger. Bigger is better in this case.
    It was reported to be a 308

Kraut

LEO
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 3, 2007
    Slidell, LA
    IANAHSLDSSOBA (I am not a high-speed, low-drag, secret squirrel operator badass), but I won't be convinced that was intentionally through that monitor. I mean, if I WAS a HSLDSSOBA, that's what I would say in the after action brief, sure. I'm just sayin'.

WhereIsIt?

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Sep 30, 2020
    Gretna, La
    IANAHSLDSSOBA (I am not a high-speed, low-drag, secret squirrel operator badass), but I won't be convinced that was intentionally through that monitor. I mean, if I WAS a HSLDSSOBA, that's what I would say in the after action brief, sure. I'm just sayin'.
    After standing there for a minute or so aiming he missed his shot but just so happen that miss turned into a shot through the screen, went between the two employees and hit the bad guy in the head?

Bam Bam

Certified gun nut!
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Denham Springs/Watson, La
    After standing there for a minute or so aiming he missed his shot but just so happen that miss turned into a shot through the screen, went between the two employees and hit the bad guy in the head?
    A win is a win! It don't really matter how it happened, only that it did.
    Now if guy needs practice they could use that murderer/child kidnapper that killed that mother and her child yesterday to use for target practice.

WhereIsIt?

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Sep 30, 2020
    Gretna, La
    A win is a win! It don't really matter how it happened, only that it did.
    Now if guy needs practice they could use that murderer/child kidnapper that killed that mother and her child yesterday to use for target practice.
    Well I'm saying the shooter planned for the shot to go through the monitor. No way it was an accident.

WhereIsIt?

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Sep 30, 2020
    Gretna, La
    Planned? No way! His only option, maybe.
    If he planned that, I know what he said right before, ( hold my beer, y’all watch this) lol
    If it was his only option then he prepared/planned to take that option. He didn't just set up on that guy's shoulder, close his eyes and hoped for the best.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    "Due to the suspect's limited exposure, the sniper took a planned and deliberate shot through a computer monitor, striking the suspect in the center of the forehead, killing him instantly," Lt. Todd Olmer of the Lee County Sheriff's Office explained. He added, "Firing through barriers is a trained and routinely practiced skill by the Lee County Sheriff's Office special operations unit snipers. The .308 caliber bullet used is specifically selected due to its known ballistic reliability traveling through intermediate barriers."

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Matthew Nodier
    Top Bottom