Take off your hat in Regions Bank.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

dwhess504

Broke Joke
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 7, 2011
    Ponchatoula, La
    Lets Not Forget Banks work FOR US.

And etiquette around Grandmothers and Marines have nothing to do with wearing a ball cap in a Bank.

Of course its "no big deal" to take it off, its the point is all.

Fred_G

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    West Monroe
    I've never disagreed with you on any of that. Again, My statements were directed solely at that "this is a privacy issue", "big brother is watching" guy that evidently thinks it's ok to verbally crap on front line employees.

Let's look back at the OP..

I went to Regions bank today to order some checks. The first part of the conversation consisted of the teller saying that she would have to ask me to remove my hat. I said "Excuse me, what did you just say?" She repeated that she would have to ask me to remove my hat. I said I will have to refuse. She said that she would have to ask me to leave the bank. I said "I'm leaving and my accounts, my money and everything else will be following me shortly." She apologized. I told her there was no need to apologize as it wasn't her fault but I would not be doing business there anymore.
    I know, no threat to them but a whole load of satisfaction for me.

Now, I would have most likely taken off my hat, but I so rarely wear one, not sure. But, where is a privacy issue, big brother, or verbal crapping going on? OP did not like the policy, and decided to move to another bank, maybe his mattress, we don't know.

Tigerfish

Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 3, 2013
    Prairieville, La
    Where did OP 'crap' on anyone?

Son of a bitch!!!!!!

Since you're either too lazy to read entire thread or severely lack in reading comprehension skills, here is the message I initially was responding to.

Im surprised myself to the responses here. First Off one of the above posts was right a Criminal will not obey those SILLY rules. Who cares if you have a ball cap on.. Second the post of "wouldnt you like to know who steals your money" is lame because FDIC covers up to 250k, The Bank wont release that much money without a bunch of hassle (ever try to get like 5k out?). Also if you have more than 250k in cash you are investing wrong.

It is about privacy and this Nanny state everyone is expected to just "comply." Cause no trouble obey, resistance is futile.

I would take my business elsewhere, They may not feel your loss, but if more do it just like anything else they will eventually.

I am really considering moving all my stuff from Chase because they have this new rule that I need to show ID to deposit Cash into my account. Its OK since Most runs through my business account and they dont require ID for deposit haha.

As the person above that works at the Bank and says people are asses and you dont make the policy.. Oh Well you are the Face of the Bank and get paid to take the grunt of your employers so if you dont like it you are free to leave as well.

Im just amazed at people on here that say you should just lay down and take it.

And here was my response THAT APPLIED TO THE POST ABOVE ONLY - NOT THE OP!!! I even quoted it in my response for crying out loud!

It's about privacy? I'm always amazed when people venture out into PUBLIC then demand privacy.....

As for as checking IDs for deposits on personal accounts, I'm pretty sure that's a federal requirement supposedly to help determine transfer to "terrorists" groups. Not required for business because it really doesn't matter who makes the deposit, they would come back on the owner of the company anyway.

The teller, and other front line employees, are there to process your banking, or other service, requests. NOT TO BE YOUR VERBAL PUNCHING BAG.....time to take off the tin foil hat

World full of pricks and douche bags......

Last edited:

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Let's look back at the OP..

Now, I would have most likely taken off my hat, but I so rarely wear one, not sure. But, where is a privacy issue, big brother, or verbal crapping going on? OP did not like the policy, and decided to move to another bank, maybe his mattress, we don't know.

I would consider the "Excuse me, what did you just say" and the "I will have to refuse" to be rude. It's not a big deal and just makes you look like a jerk. Seriously though, taking off your hat for thirty seconds is no big deal - especially when it is for the protection of the customer and the bank.

Fred_G

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    West Monroe
    I would consider the "Excuse me, what did you just say" and the "I will have to refuse" to be rude. It's not a big deal and just makes you look like a jerk. Seriously though, taking off your hat for thirty seconds is no big deal - especially when it is for the protection of the customer and the bank.

I agree, and would most likely take off my hat, as it is not a big deal.

Fred_G

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    West Monroe
    Son of a bitch!!!!!!

Since you're either too lazy to read entire thread or severely lack in reading comprehension skills, here is the message I initially was responding to.

And here was my response THAT APPLIED TO THE POST ABOVE ONLY - NOT THE OP!!! I even quoted it in my response for crying out loud!

My apology, I did not fully pay attention to your replies, my bad.

Last edited:

Tigerfish

Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 3, 2013
    Prairieville, La
    Don't know about that, I think Tiger pressed too hard on the shift key. :eek3:

Just joking.

Haha.

Seriously, I hope we're good. Got a little frustrated, but it was just a misunderstanding. I have enough enemies out in the world, I don't need more on the interwebs! Especially ones with guns....

Hats off to you two for making peace.

Hats off? Really?

Haha. :)

Fred_G

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    West Monroe
    Haha.

Seriously, I hope we're good. Got a little frustrated, but it was just a misunderstanding. I have enough enemies out in the world, I don't need more on the interwebs! Especially ones with guns....

Hats off? Really?

Haha. :)

My bad Tigerfish. Will man up and admit when I am wrong. I misread, and misreplied. If you are not making errors sometimes, you are not living, if you don't own up to them, you are an idiot.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Regions bank sucks. I've only been in there 4 times and had a bad experience every time. 3 times to make deposits to my (newly wed at the time) wife's account and once I pulled funds from my Christmas club at my employee credit union, the check was drawn on a Regions account. The teller asked if I had an account with them and I told her no. They wanted to charge me like 12 bucks to cash a check that was from an account at their bank. I protested and asked to speak to a manager. He stood fast to the fee and would not explain, but said if I opened an account with them they would wave the fee. I told them I don't do business with thieves, drove the extra distance to my bank and went about my business. After multiple problems, my wife moved her funds to another bank.
    Look up "badregions.com" for some good reading.

killerkarl

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2012
    Hopefully, some day soon, we will all be microchipped and will have to pass through a microchip reader at the door in order to enter and the removing of sunglasses/hats will be a thing of the past.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Hopefully, some day soon, we will all be microchipped and will have to pass through a microchip reader at the door in order to enter and the removing of sunglasses/hats will be a thing of the past.

Until people start forging microchips.

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jun 24, 2009
    Pineville/Alexandria

If you're so sensitive as to consider those phrases rude, you would not like it in the military, LE or the oilfield! JK - please don't be offended.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    If you're so sensitive as to consider those phrases rude, you would not like it in the military, LE or the oilfield! JK - please don't be offended.
    Meh. It just depends how you say it. I am that guy that it takes a hell of a lot to get under my skin. But idiots giving people trouble at the bank over taking their hats off or not wanting to supply a picture ID just gets super annoying after the 50th or so time. It's not like its a big deal or an insult and both are really for the protection of both parties.

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    I had just left another bank that said nothing about the hat. I've been going into this bank for over 20 years. I won't be going back.

If your only problem with your bank is their "hat policy", you have a damn good bank. I'm with Capital One, as well as several credit-unions, and after I build a house and get it financed, I'm closing every C1 account I have and going strictly Credit Union. Banks suck.

3fifty7

CoonAss
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Bunkie
    We all know how Burt rolls!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1392211891.559721.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads