Talk about a shock!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • drill sgt

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 19, 2019
    denham springs ,la
    Some people just have more money than they have brains to know any better...... Is spending all that money just on washing and cleaning the car going to help it run better or get better gas mileage... Guess that is enough said .................................. drill sgt.

jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    267   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    Teacher's? Good lord and these are teaching our youth?
    Had a semi nude hawt blond green eyed long legged teacher that lived by me.
    2 kids, 2 baby daddy's.
    She's the village bicycle, Everyone has had a ride
    Address plz... I have not ridden a bicycle in a while, but I have heard the skill comes back quickly.

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    If I was a kid I know what business I'd get into! Damn, you could do what, 5 or 6 vehicles a day? All off the books too. Not counting the side 'work' Lol!
    Yup. This was two younger guys, done in < an hour. If you just did 5 per day, $1250, $625 per man. No taxes or reported income. Holy Moly.....work 5 days a week, 5 vehicles per day, $162,500 per year per man. No taxes, FICA, no nothin. Sure there is a little overhead → your vehicle, liability insurance, equipment, supplies, fuel. An older ford chevy panel van would work well.

Now I know why a former co-worker and friend of mine quit @ the refinery and started his own detailing business. Still working out of his double garage at home 4 or 5 years later. He does ceramic finish protector and installs protective film on the front cap. He now has a team, 2 or 3 employees. They do outstanding work, but charge $1000 to 1500 per vehicle. Does a lot of high end vehicles, Porsche, Mercedes, Ferrari, Lambo. Lives in a perfect location, serves a lot of wealthy clientele. I never did the math before, now I see why he quit the refinery ops. Does boats too, outstanding workmanship and abilities, can make a 30 year old boat look new. Paint finish restoration, wheels, paints the brake calipers on some. I've seen pics of a few boats they did, even restored the finish on the trailer → frame, tires and wheels, and fenders. I bet he collects some serious coin for those.

WhereIsIt?

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 30, 2020
    Gretna, La
    Yup. This was two younger guys, done in < an hour. If you just did 5 per day, $1250, $625 per man. No taxes or reported income. Holy Moly.....work 5 days a week, 5 vehicles per day, $162,500 per year per man. No taxes, FICA, no nothin. Sure there is a little overhead → your vehicle, liability insurance, equipment, supplies, fuel. An older ford chevy panel van would work well.

Now I know why a former co-worker and friend of mine quit @ the refinery and started his own detailing business. Still working out of his double garage at home 4 or 5 years later. He does ceramic finish protector and installs protective film on the front cap. He now has a team, 2 or 3 employees. They do outstanding work, but charge $1000 to 1500 per vehicle. Does a lot of high end vehicles, Porsche, Mercedes, Ferrari, Lambo. Lives in a perfect location, serves a lot of wealthy clientele. I never did the math before, now I see why he quit the refinery ops. Does boats too, outstanding workmanship and abilities, can make a 30 year old boat look new. Paint finish restoration, wheels, paints the brake calipers on some. I've seen pics of a few boats they did, even restored the finish on the trailer → frame, tires and wheels, and fenders. I bet he collects some serious coin for those.
    He doesn't happen to live in destrehan does he?

WhereIsIt?

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 30, 2020
    Gretna, La
    why he sure does. good dude. you know tee dash luk?
    Yes I do. When we got our Crv back in 2018 I was looking for someone to do the whole ceramic deal on it. He came highly recommended and his prices are the cheapest out there, the last I looked. When we got our Pilot I took it straight to him. Alex, Tee and his whole crew are great people. He and Tee put in that work.

Last I checked.. Back in 2021.. Other companies were charging 2k plus for just the ceramic. I don't know Alex is doing it but he is and doing well with it.

gescha

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 22, 2011
    Baton Rouge, LA
    So my newer neighbor (prob age 25) drives a nice black SUV, an Audi. Prob a 65 or 75K $ vehicle new. Sweet sounding V-6 when she drives away. She is a school teacher in Hammond. She is cleaning out her vehicle just now BC the guys are coming to detail it for her. I saw and noted this last time they came, I observed their operation for a while out of my garage. Two guys working out of a van, they wash, dry, detail spray the outside, and do the same to the interior. Done and gone in about 40 minutes. I asker her how much? $250! She stated she was well pleased. I still hand wash my vehicle and wax it every 12 or 18 months. Guess I'll continue to hand wash and detail my own vehicle going forward. When I was talking to her I guessed $50 or 100, boy was I wrong!

I bet a few guys here pay to have their vehicles detailed at their home or office. Similar price?

gescha

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 22, 2011
    Baton Rouge, LA
    So my newer neighbor (prob age 25) drives a nice black SUV, an Audi. Prob a 65 or 75K $ vehicle new. Sweet sounding V-6 when she drives away. She is a school teacher in Hammond. She is cleaning out her vehicle just now BC the guys are coming to detail it for her. I saw and noted this last time they came, I observed their operation for a while out of my garage. Two guys working out of a van, they wash, dry, detail spray the outside, and do the same to the interior. Done and gone in about 40 minutes. I asker her how much? $250! She stated she was well pleased. I still hand wash my vehicle and wax it every 12 or 18 months. Guess I'll continue to hand wash and detail my own vehicle going forward. When I was talking to her I guessed $50 or 100, boy was I wrong!

I bet a few guys here pay to have their vehicles detailed at their home or office. Similar price?
    Heck, I would never spend that kind of money to have my car detailed....even if I could afford it.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    kjstang02
    Top Bottom