Tangipahoa deputies net $60,000 in weapons and ammo in hotel bust

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bearco

Instructor
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Covington
    possession of a firearm with a controlled dangerous substance, felony.

how does this apply to the majority of guns that confiscated were not in the same hotel room as the cds. Yes, I am serious. I am just trying to understand how the law works.

Last edited:

CloudStrife

Why so serious?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Yes. That's exactly right. I had a tooth pulled a few months ago. Was on vicodin for 5 days. Had to notify the ATF. They made me bury them on knob hill.

It was more of a rhetorical question to make the point that "possessing" firearms and a controlled substance charge makes no sense. They could be charge with possession of illegal drugs, or, if they were operating the guns, operating a firearm while intoxicated (or whatever the official term is).

Speedlace

LOL...right?
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2007
    AK-15 ?????:rofl::rofl:

From WDSU:
    Agents Find Drugs, Guns At Hammond Hotel

HAMMOND, La. -- Late Tuesday night, Tangipahoa Parish sheriff's deputies and narcotics agents said they arrested two Florida men at a local hotel who were in possession of drugs and weapons.

Agents said they received information that two men were in a local hotel that had a pungent odor of burnt marijuana.

After investigating, agents said they went to the men’s hotel rooms in an attempt to contact them.

One of the men, 32-year-old Roberto Sanchez Jr., gave the agents permission to search his hotel room and vehicle.

Agents said they found marijuana, a 50-caliber rifle and a pistol during their search.

Agents then got a warrant to search the room of the other man involved, 24-year-old Michael Caruso.

Agents said that when they entered the room they found marijuana, five AK-15s, multiple pistols and more than 2,000 rounds of ammo.

Caruso and Sanchez Jr. were arrested and charged with being in possession of a CDS while in possession of firearms.
    http://www.wdsu.com/news/22800558/detail.html#

:)

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    Well I don't get it still they were in one room first and they were smoking and they had a few guns there I get that part. How can the guns in the other room be also possesion if the cats weren't even in that room. Sounds like if I'm high in my car with a gun I get stopped and then they go take all the guns in my house tooo because those are possesion just don't make much sense

Tulse Luper

Besmirched!
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Metairie
    It was more of a rhetorical question to make the point that "possessing" firearms and a controlled substance charge makes no sense. They could be charge with possession of illegal drugs, or, if they were operating the guns, operating a firearm while intoxicated (or whatever the official term is).

Yea, but as a non-drug addict, being on Vicodin for 5 days was a heavy experience. That stuff isn't exactly Rem Oil for the excretory system. I was so backed up you could have bored core samples out of me, like below, from all 30ft of my intestines.

300px-Diamond_Core.jpg

CloudStrife

Why so serious?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Yea, but as a non-drug addict, being on Vicodin for 5 days was a heavy experience. That stuff isn't exactly Rem Oil for the excretory system. I was so backed up you could have bored core samples out of me, like below, from all 30ft of my intestines.

300px-Diamond_Core.jpg

A geoprobe going into someone's backside is a strange mental image...

Also, they were in a private room. The hotel might be different since bullets can go through walls. Would it be legal for me to be drunk and play with my guns in my own home?

Top Bottom