Tangipahoa deputies net $60,000 in weapons and ammo in hotel bust

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bearco

Instructor
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Covington
    Here is my favorite comment I have read on this from WWLTV.
    maturemind said on March 11, 2010 at 12:54 AM
    Now I know crime is getting out of hand, however what type of war were they 2 geniuses preparing for? It's a safe bet that they were planning on robbing a Bank & using that 50 cal to hold off the police, that round can punch through an engine block & cut off the path of officers at least a mile away especially in La on a day when we don't have high winds!

Dave328

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jul 11, 2007
    Gretna
    OH MY GOD!!!!
    Two THOUSAND rounds?!?!?!?:eek: :eek:

:rolleyes:
    For crying out loud, I probably have 2000 rounds just scattered around my reloading bench!:rolleyes: Phucqing amateurs!:mamoru:

George

Don't tase me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Denham springs
    It was more of a rhetorical question to make the point that "possessing" firearms and a controlled substance charge makes no sense. They could be charge with possession of illegal drugs, or, if they were operating the guns, operating a firearm while intoxicated (or whatever the official term is).

did you really just type that? seriously?! how old are you?

Dave328

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jul 11, 2007
    Gretna
    true, but you aren't smoking dope in a crack hotel

I was poking more at the attempt at building hysteria by the TPSO and reporters with their "$60,000" and "2000 rounds.... Combat style handguns" than the actions of these members of society's Bottom Percentile. ;)

nickatnite

Crybaby Hater...
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jun 27, 2007
    Prairieville, La
    Does anyone find it odd that these guns are photographed on some like patio deck or picnic table out in the back yard?

I mean, if you watch every other police report, they usually have these on a display table in a news conference...

jmcrawf1

Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Madisonville
    Does anyone find it odd that these guns are photographed on some like patio deck or picnic table out in the back yard?

I mean, if you watch every other police report, they usually have these on a display table in a news conference...

Umm duhhh, they were behind the sheriff's house "test-firing" them.

Oops, now theres only 1000 rounds. :D

Praesul Presul

On Target.....Sometimes
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Western KY
    Yeah that doesn't jive with the pic. First when is the last time you heard of a criminal having quality gear? Everything I read or see usually involves a Hipoint or a old a$$ .38 revolver. Once in a blue moon a Glock is used.

Those are all top notch sticks with a .50 Barrett for good measure.

$60,000 does not add up either.........

Det.Blair

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Plaquemine, La.
    I bet there is more to the story fellows. they might be straw purchases and are heading to the mexican drug cartels. Judging by their last names there is a good chance that is the case. If you read the news they have a serious problem on the border. those guns look like they are new. I am sure ATFE will be looking into this matter. that 50 cal. rifle ain't for no deer hunting. Those drug cartels use some serious firepower down there. No hi points, a lot of assault rifles. maybe that is the black market price they were refering to($60,000) having dope and guns is a no no period.

Speedlace

LOL...right?
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2007

Umm duhhh, they were behind the sheriff's house "test-firing" them.

Oops, now theres only 1000 rounds. :D
    ^^^^^
    Sounds reasonable.:rofl:

Mjolnir

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    That can't be a picture of what was taken. Some very nice setups in there. At least 3 Novekse Uppers, 3 CTRs, 1 EMOD, 1 ACS, 1 VLTOR CASV. Aimpoints and Eotechs. 3 Tango Down grips, 2 MIADs.

If there are the actual items seized, they are more than likely stolen.
    The bottom optic looks to me like an Elcan...

Top Bottom