Terrebonne Parish Rifle Range

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nolaradio

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 8, 2012
    Parts unknown
    Anyone have current information on the Terrebonne Parish Rifle Range on Savanne Rd.? I've read through some old posts here about it not being all that great. Most suggested visiting the Lafourche range on Hwy. 90 instead. I'm actually going there next weekend for the hunter education class. I may be heading to the Houma area a couple of times each year soon and was wondering if it would be worth it to shoot there. Last I read, it was free to shoot, but if the range isn't all that great, I'd rather go shoot at the Lafourche range. Just curious to hear some opinions before I head there next weekend. Thanks.

cajun 22

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    May 22, 2008
    Houma, LA
    It's ok. It's now $5 a year to shoot. You pay $5 for an ID card for the range. Only 100yds for rifle. When you go for your class get the number to the range. Always call before you go to see if there is something going on, training, wedding, hunter ed class, ect. I gave up on that place long ago but have friends who go there.

Good Luck

AK shooter

Redneck with a gun!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    Raceland
    I live 2 miles from Lafourche range and go to the Terrebonne because of the price. I usually go on a weekday so the Lafourche range is closed during the week.

dwsonar

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Lockport
    Terrebonne range is the worst. Don't ever go there. No, really I like it. Just don't want everyone to know, it'll get crowded

Slider

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2008
    Lafayette, LA
    Been to the TPSO range a couple of times with the dad in law, wasn't crowded either time . Heading there hopefully Saturday , gotta test out some new mags and just plain ol practice :)

nolaradio

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 8, 2012
    Parts unknown
    Sorry I haven't replied to this thread sooner. The hunter's education went well. I missed one question and my son missed three questions. We each shot three rounds through the .22 and passed our class. Got the certificates in the mail two weeks ago.
    So, as far as the range. It seemed pretty nice. The only problem is that in the rush to pack and get down there, I forgot to pack the ear protection and targets. We didn't have much time after the class was over anyway. Had to head back to the northshore for another appointment.
    Thanks for all the comments above.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spydy
    Top Bottom