The 22-250 Give it to me!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ritten

SSST Mad Scientist
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Dec 8, 2007
    Thibodaux, Louisiana
    I understand that the 260 Rem is the cat's meow these days, but a little bit of a barrel burner too.

I just rebarreled my .260 at 1850rds. It started throwing fliers but was still a 1 moa gun even with the fliers. The cat's meow has moved on to the saums. George Gardiner developed a 6.5saum pushing the 130vld's a little over 3k and just won the sniper's hide cup with over 4000 shots down the barrel. I've got the reamer on the way...:D

It has the potential of pushing the 140's well over 3100fps and still not have pressure signs. Of course the barrel life will come down with the speed, but the potential is there.

Last edited:

Duke Slade

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 3, 2013
    Baton Rouge, Louisiana
    I bought one because there was always plenty ammo. Took it to South Dakota in June for prairie dogs, I liked it. Killed maybe 6 pigs so far w/it in LA. Some say 2000 rounds then a new barrel ($300 reportedly). I try and shoot under 4000 fps ammo. Nice light handy little rifle.

headcase

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Metairie, LA.
    22-250

My dad gave a Remington model 700 BDL in 22-250 to me sometimes in the late seventies or early eighties. I didn't know what is was used for when I got it. I used it mainly for small deer, around 150 lbs or so at distances up to 200 yards. It has a leupold 3x9x ? vari-power scope with over/under mount. It's a tack driver. A well placed head shot dropped em on the spot. I won't have to worry about shooting out the barrel as I'm 2 rounds into my third box of ammo. I've been tempted to sell it because it just doesn't get used anymore.:cool:

Top Bottom