The new "Rhino"

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RickyT

LA CHP INSTRUCTOR #413
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Bedico
    Chiappa Firearms
    Dayton, OH – Chiappa Firearms (chiappafirearms.com) new Rhino Revolver has finally cleared all the import requirements and tests for sale in the United States and are now arriving for distribution by MKS Supply, the exclusive marketer for the Rhino.

The first of these revolutionary revolvers will be the 2-inch barrel model. Within the next 60 days it is expected that the 3, 4, 5, and 6-inch versions will clear U.S. import and ATF tests as they are simply the same gun with longer barrels.

The Rhino, especially in the 2-inch version is an unusual looking firearm but form really does follow function. The recoil and muzzle flip from hot loads is greatly reduced thanks to the bottom chamber firing position. It just Works! And people who have shot it are amazed by the glass smooth action of this revolver.

Called the Rhino (sort of resembles one too) you will first notice that the barrel is actually at the bottom of the cylinder. The gun is designed to fire from the bottom chamber of the cylinder (6:00 position not 12:00 as with other revolvers). The new design resulted in improvements of the internal mechanisms over conventional revolver designs yielding up incredible reliability, a super-smooth action and improved safety.

The Rhino’s low barrel design ergonomically shifts recoil energy into the center of the palm of the hand and in line with the forearm thus greatly reducing the effects of felt recoil. Traditional revolver design (semi-autos too) place the barrel above the hand. When the gun is fired the leverage applied by that design forces the recoil into the web area of the hand between the thumb and trigger finger causing significant muzzle snap. Not the Rhino! Due to this new design a shooter can now fire very fast and accurate repeat shots.

Leadslugga

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 14, 2009
    Baton Rouge,LA
    If it lives up to its claims, might be an interesting gun. However, I never saw a gun that didn't come with grand claims, and if the bottom firing is actually more simple and reliable than top firing, why haven't they been doing it earlier?

I wonder how much it will screw with point of aim that the sights are so much higher than the barrel...

I'd like to shoot one, but as far as owning one... Maybe. It is kind of fugly.

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Italian Cars, Women, Naval Commandos, and Food; all good.

Italian Guns and Mens Fashion; Bad.

The afore mentioned Naval Commandos carry M4s and Glocks.

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    As far as living up to claims, the closer to the center of your palm the barrel can be, the less flip you are going to have. It's a matter of physics. I wasn't at all interested in these until I read the why. Now I'm curious.

Leadslugga

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 14, 2009
    Baton Rouge,LA
    Oh, I fully buy into the claim of reduced recoil, I'm just not convinced of any kind of improved reliability. You know, where it says this:

"The new design resulted in improvements of the internal mechanisms over conventional revolver designs yielding up incredible reliability, a super-smooth action and improved safety."

I have a hard time believing that they made an upside down revolver and it was accidentally more reliable than a regular one.

But hell, I'll have to shoot one to tell for sure.

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    Oh, I fully buy into the claim of reduced recoil, I'm just not convinced of any kind of improved reliability. You know, where it says this:

"The new design resulted in improvements of the internal mechanisms over conventional revolver designs yielding up incredible reliability, a super-smooth action and improved safety."

I have a hard time believing that they made an upside down revolver and it was accidentally more reliable than a regular one.

But hell, I'll have to shoot one to tell for sure.

Yeah, I don't think I could buy that claim. Revolvers in good shape generally just don't fail.

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    You obviously have no experience with Charter Arms... or Taurus. Or Rossi. Or Clerke. Or RG. ;)

:mamoru:

I did qualify my statement with "in good shape." But, I have two Taurus snubbies and have owned a few others. I shoot them a bit. Mine seem to work fine.

Leadslugga

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 14, 2009
    Baton Rouge,LA
    The only revolver I ever had a problem with was an RG. The firing pin housing screws in and out or something on this little RG my aunt had, so I ended up tightening it up and then it shot.

My aunt was mortified that it didn't go bang when we went to the range to shoot it, because she used to carry it all the time years ago. She figured had she needed it it probably wouldn't have even gone pop.

She ended up buying a Rossi .38 snubbie, and it has never failed to fire.

dwr461

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    I like it. Should be a bitch to find a holster for though. Think I could find one in the Star Wars or Blade Runner store?

Dave

Speedlace

LOL...right?
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2007
    12116194.jpg

http://chiappafirearms.com/sites/default/files/manuals/RHINO_manual_ ENG.pdf

:)

Top Bottom