The new "Rhino"

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hardballing

Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Jan 8, 2010
    Metairie, LA
    Mateba-lite imo. Always wanted to try one of their .44 mags, just to see what was what in the recoil department.

With regards to Italian fighting guns...uh...the 92 comes immediately to mind, and in WW2, the Beretta 38a 9mm subgun was one of THE finest subs to EVER blast it's way out of trouble. Beretta is the world's oldest gunmaker in continuous operation and to name a few that aren't "crap"

Breda M1 Garands
    Beretta M1 Garands
    Beretta BM 59's
    Beretta 92; 92FS, M9, et al
    Beretta MP 38, 38a, 40 9mm subguns. The "Jerries", particularly paras, LOVED these blasters

And there are others as well.

Just saying that not everything produced for fighting in Italy was a Carcano. :)

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    The Garands are American, the M9 is meh not so excellent. I have no idea what the other 2 are but I will take your word that they rocked in the 40's. The Italian's design crappy weapons. Everything from fighter planes to tanks to small arms. It's my informed opinion. If you disagree its cool with me. Recently they have produced such crappy small arms they are unadopting them. Beretta is old I get that. If Im gonna buy a Super Car or some loafers I'll shop Italian. If I want weapons I will look elsewhere.

Hardballing

Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Jan 8, 2010
    Metairie, LA
    The Garands are American, the M9 is meh not so excellent. I have no idea what the other 2 are but I will take your word that they rocked in the 40's. The Italian's design crappy weapons. Everything from fighter planes to tanks to small arms. It's my informed opinion. If you disagree its cool with me. Recently they have produced such crappy small arms they are unadopting them. Beretta is old I get that. If Im gonna buy a Super Car or some loafers I'll shop Italian. If I want weapons I will look elsewhere.

Ever use a Benelli in the sandbox? :)

Tim67

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 20, 2010
    EBR
    Italian Cars, Women, Naval Commandos, and Food; all good.

Italian Guns and Mens Fashion; Bad.

The afore mentioned Naval Commandos carry M4s and Glocks.

Never have tried an Italian car and I love my Armi San Marco revolvers, but I've got to agree with you about the food and the women...I once met this girl from Naples who's still got the song "Shook Me All Night Long" stuck in my head...

dwr461

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Opinions are like elbows.... Not all Italian weapons are good or bad in design. But they usually pretty damned good in the fit and finish department. Not all of them but most of them.

Dave

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Ever use a Benelli in the sandbox? :)

We have'em they don't meet our needs. They're to big(18"), and too heavy. The shotgun is always gonna be a niche weapon for us. We prefer the Remington MCS 870. The MCS gives us a small easy to carry shotty that you can lug along on a "just in case basis". I have just found over time shotguns make poor carbines and their breaching ability is overblown. Plus I can maintain the 870s out of a Brownells Catalog from pretty much anywhere in the world. Im not sure how true that would be for the Benelli.

dwr461

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Well since the litmus test that someone around here applied for the usefulness of a weapons design is that is was capable of killing people. There are a lot of dead allies not around anymore because of the Carcano. By the way I still need one for collection. :)

Dave

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    I think that over simplifies things. Big Freaking Rocks are quite capable of killing people but I wouldn't arm myself with one given a choice. I didn't mean to offend anybody who owns Berrettas, Benellis, Carcanos, or a Ball Hammock. I just wouldn't want to. I think I have an educated opinion on the subject, but it's still just an opinion.

dwr461

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    I think that over simplifies things. Big Freaking Rocks are quite capable of killing people but I wouldn't arm myself with one given a choice. I didn't mean to offend anybody who owns Berrettas, Benellis, Carcanos, or a Ball Hammock. I just wouldn't want to. I think I have an educated opinion on the subject, but it's still just an opinion.

I agree with you totally. My post was strictly sarcasm intended to point out the stupidity of the argument. I guess should've put a disclaimer on the bottom. Or maybe some damned stupid face'y thing'y.

Dave

Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Shreveport - or therebouts
    The main ingredient of my "Bump Back Kit" is an Italian made Inox. Wouldn't trade it for anything!
    8n7a4kd5mwf0mnzuvj4a.jpg

dwr461

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Grant Cunningham (revolver gunsmith) just got a Rhino in his hands for testing. His blog said his review will be in a new nationally published magazine soon.

Dave

jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    267   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    DA/SA from what I saw. The hammer cocking (thats is going to have some astericks) device pulls the hammer back as you would do with your thumb (or teeth) with a reg revo. And the trigger appears to draw the hammer ack and release it as a std da revo does. Needs a manual saftey, and a grip saftey, IMO. And maybe a cool looking mechanism too. And maybe a dust cover for the cylinder and barrel end. Oh, and how about a shoulder stock/holster? Close to the ultmate weapon with those upgrades...

I like the idea, but would like to handle it first. And would not pay more than 500 bucks for it new, it is just a revolver after all. I have no trouble hitting tiny stuff with full house loads in my m28, so I am not really needing another 357 revo... The 2" barrel might be a good cc piece, but not as flat as an auto.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Donut Man
    Top Bottom