The NFL is determined to ruin the game of football

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dwr461

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Sniff... The NFL already ruined it for me. Learn hockey. It's much more entertaining to watch. The players still are concerned about being a team first. Very little show boating. etc.

Dave

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    The hit they are flipping out over didn't look intentional to me. It looks like he was trying to lead with his shoulder and didn't want to hit helmet to helmet.

whbonney26

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Pearl River, LA
    I agree. Football is a brutal sport and that is why Americans love it.

It comes at a bad time with saturdays tragedy. In case you don't know what I'm talking about. A rutgers player made a tackle and got paralyzed from the neck down this past Saturday.

dwr461

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    I can cut down the ferocity and velocity of the hits tomorrow with no change in the rules for hitting. Take the pads/helmets they use today and give them one's from 1974. When it hurts more to tackle and be tackled they'll slow it down.

Dave

Speedlace

LOL...right?
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2007
    What happened in the Army vs. Rutgers might have had something to do with it
    [youtube]8CaWk70GpbE[/youtube]

:)

whbonney26

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Pearl River, LA
    Yeah.....its very sad to see someone bet paralyzed from the neck down while playing the game. It brings back the harsh reality that this is a brutal sport for sure.

JBE

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 1, 2010
    Welsh, LA
    Another one of the many reasons pro football no longer holds my interest or gets any of my money....Friday Nights and Saturdays are when real football is played...

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    I don't mind the rule.

There is no reason this type of hit should be allowed. This can be a life threatening hit, and for what? Show? He intentionally tried to hurt this player.

Anyone who has played football knows that ‘helmet to helmet’ contact 'IS AVOIDABVLE'. Of course not all the time, and the League is aware of that.

I’m all for Hard Hitting football which is completely LEGAL in the NFL. However hard hits come from the shoulder, not the head. Just like MMA. I like watching MMA, but do I want to see someone get their EYES ripped out or do I want to see someone get their head smashed in while their down on the ground? No. All this rule will do is protect the players from dick heads who lead with their helmets when at the SAME TIME they COULD HAVE lead with their shoulder.

Just watch the video, THIS is the types of hits they are trying to avoid.

Marrieweather JUMPED up and Launched his HELMET towards the Helmet of Todd Heap.
    (Could have easily wrapped him up with a shoulder hit but he didn't)

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zb1CmHk9GK0[/ame]

Last edited:

wadepat2

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Jan 10, 2008
    Delcambre,La
    A correct tackle can be a devastating hit without trying to break someones neck. There is no need to "speer" with the helmet. When you have kids who play and see kids trying to copy there NFL/college hero's you would change your mind about the hit. In every age group you always have kids and coaches who is sorry enough to not teach kids the game and they will blind side you with an illegal hit to try and hurt you. Its sorry and its not how you play the game. Going see your kid in the hospital never to walk again just so someone could see a helmet to helmet illegal hit doesnt make sense to me. They didnt need all the good pads and helmets bak in the day because they played the game correctly and they were alot more tough than the freak show of players they have now.
    Thanks for listening to my opinion.
    Prayers for the player who will never play again

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    A correct tackle can be a devastating hit without trying to break someones neck. There is no need to "speer" with the helmet. When you have kids who play and see kids trying to copy there NFL/college hero's you would change your mind about the hit. In every age group you always have kids and coaches who is sorry enough to not teach kids the game and they will blind side you with an illegal hit to try and hurt you. Its sorry and its not how you play the game. Going see your kid in the hospital never to walk again just so someone could see a helmet to helmet illegal hit doesnt make sense to me. They didnt need all the good pads and helmets bak in the day because they played the game correctly and they were alot more tough than the freak show of players they have now.
    Thanks for listening to my opinion.
    Prayers for the player who will never play again

+1 There is PLENTY more I LOVE about football, then (Intentional Helmet to Helmet Hits) Plenty MORE!

BTW THIS is what the League see's as questionable. Dante Robinson did attempt to lead with his shoulder but could have done so earlier. Since he didn't he knocked his own self out as well.

THESE types of hits will not AUTOMATICALLY result in suspension;

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3Mpk8vI7vo[/ame]

f350drvr

Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jun 16, 2008
    NOLA
    I personally don't see anything wrong with Dante Robinson's hit. Looks like a clean hit, and he tried to use his shoulder, If one of them gets up and walks away immediately I am sure there would be no fine.

The guy from Rutgers getting paralyzed is really sad, if he would have kept his head up he probably would have walked away. It was drilled in our heads from day one that you always keep your head up when you tackle.

kirkdbergeron

Zombie Killah! LOL
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 1, 2010
    Morgan City, LA
    What does all this mean?

FacePaw.jpg

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    What does all this mean?

Look in post #12. The video you see is the types of hit they will fine. Intentional Helmet to Helmet Hits. Helmet to Helmet hits will continue to draw a 15 yd penalty, however if there is inconclusive evidence that you intentionally LED with your Helmet without even attempting to TACKLE the opposing player the HITTER WILL GET SUSPENDED and FINED. The video is a perfect example of what is WRONG.

I personally don't see anything wrong with Dante Robinson's hit. Looks like a clean hit, and he tried to use his shoulder, If one of them gets up and walks away immediately I am sure there would be no fine.

The guy from Rutgers getting paralyzed is really sad, if he would have kept his head up he probably would have walked away. It was drilled in our heads from day one that you always keep your head up when you tackle.

Same here except that I think he could have went lower but you see that's not what they want to do. They WANT a highlight reel, a smash hit. Not just a tackle. Think HOW MANY TIMES in football today do you see a receiver catch the ball, side step and watch a defender BLOW by them. Why? B/c the defender wasn't going for a tackle, he was going for the Big Hit and Failed. Happens every game at least 5 times.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Good2go504
    Top Bottom