The Sports Thread

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SVT

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    Slidell
    Couldn't find another "Sports Thread", so figured I'd make a thread dedicated to ALL sports.

To start this one off, let's discuss the horrible ref job the Saints just got in NE :mad: Not saying that "cost" them the game, but man that was frustrating to watch.

Oh and this was the winning TD throw at the end of the game...no holding or anything:

SaintsPatriotsGaletteHolding_medium.jpg

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Damn refs were doing whatever they could to protect Ken Doll all friggin' day. :mad::mad:

SVT

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    Slidell
    it's one of the most blatant ref jobs I've personally witnessed.....and easy calls too, like when the QB calls a timeout you give it to him, or like when the ball hits the ground first it's not a catch....basic stuff.

SVT

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    Slidell
    Let's go Red Sox!

Can they please get a hit early on here? Don't need another no-hit game into the 5th/8th

killerkarl

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2012
    No call was very bad but it shouldn't have come down to that. New England was only in that position because they cannot catch the ball.

Plus our offensive offensive line finally caught up with us.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    No call was very bad but it shouldn't have come down to that. New England was only in that position because they cannot catch the ball.

Plus our offensive offensive line finally caught up with us.

But would they have still been in that position if earlier in the game the refs called the blatant neutral zone infraction (which would have resulted in a crucial first down), instead of the false start on us; acknowledged the time out Drew clearly called before we lost that series; and the 2 pass interference penalties that could have resulted in more points?

Granted, we lost! But that was a hollow win for them. And I guarantee; if Drew Brees were the winning QB on that type of game, he would have admitted in his press conference that we got away with one. You will NEVER hear that out of Brady or Bellicek.

SVT

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    Slidell
    lol the PATS got busted for an illegal move against the Jets that costs them the game.....same illegal move went UNNOTICED when they did it during the Saints game (go figure).

SVT

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    Slidell

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    anyone watching the World Series....really great baseball

Baseball is the only sport I really follow anymore. Been glued to the games. It's been dramatic to say the least. Two really good teams this year - nothing lopsided at all. Being from outside STL it's easy to guess who I'm pulling for.

SVT

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    Slidell
    Baseball is the only sport I really follow anymore. Been glued to the games. It's been dramatic to say the least. Two really good teams this year - nothing lopsided at all. Being from outside STL it's easy to guess who I'm pulling for.

dramatic indeed....crazy shifts in leads.

awesome all around.

geaux red sox ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bharden68
    Top Bottom