The Sports Thread

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Dude, EVERYONE said we'd be an 8-4 Team this year.( you're not special :p )
    We sent a College Football Record number of players to the NFL Draft this year(9)
    and (5) the year before(Brooks, Brokers, Claiborne, Taylor, Randle).

I'm suprised we are sporting the #21st Defense in the Nation at this point.

This is the easiest games to watch. You're the -12.5 Underdog.
    If you lose, it was predicted. If you win, you win big!

No shame in that.

Stop it! There is a thread on here where the "LSU in the BCS Championship" crowd was touting how great Mettenberger was going to be and I had to remind them of what you just stated. But I couldn't find it for reference, because the search feature on this site is the worst I've ever tried to use. :p

And always remember; if I say it; it means more! :D

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Vilma out for the year....career might even be over.

Where is the story? Not on Saints official site or their 2nd official site (NOLA.com)?

Never mind!

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on...onathan-vilma-on-seasonending-injured-reserve

A true warrior on the field! So long big guy; you will be missed!

Might I add, in the Superbowl win; if not for Jonathan Vilma dropping back to cover Dwight Clark and tipping the pass in the end zone, I truly think we'd have lost the game.

If I knew how to chop video I would put the play up.

I credit Vilma with a game winning save there.

Last edited:

SVT

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    Slidell
    dwight clark

images

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    What a minute! I thought this was a "PREDICTION!" Anybody can update as each teams schedule is played!

Hell, I can pick the exact score of the Super Bowl if I wait long enough!

If this is a betting site too, I would bet they suck at picking winners!

SVT

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    Slidell
    What a minute! I thought this was a "PREDICTION!" Anybody can update as each teams schedule is played!

Hell, I can pick the exact score of the Super Bowl if I wait long enough!

If this is a betting site too, I would bet they suck at picking winners!

it's yahoosports

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    The Saints are rising up above adversity and still winning! Defense was great and running game trying to find some light!

That is a recipe for NFC Championship!

:rockon:

SVT

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    Slidell
    The Saints are rising up above adversity and still winning! Defense was great and running game trying to find some light!

That is a recipe for NFC Championship!

:rockon:

what a game....so many mistakes and they somehow pulled a win, awesome.

I don't necessarily think this means they can win at Seattle in late January though. If the Saints dominate @ Carolina in a few weeks, then I'll believe :)

killerkarl

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2012

I don't necessarily think this means they can win at Seattle in late January though. If the Saints dominate @ Carolina in a few weeks, then I'll believe :)

Just win out including a win at Seattle in December and they won't have to go to Seattle in January.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region

Debbie Downer; I already told you that Seattle has a retractable roof. Those puss wads don't like the cold either. We will have 11 days between the ass whipping we are going to bring to Atlanta and the game in Seattle. We had every reason (from an odds standpoint to lose that game straight up yesterday), but we overcame.

Now lets address your hesitance to get on the team and go in for the big win; Carolina and the Saints are almost equal in defensive rankings, but guess who is the #2 scoring offense in the NFL?

:ohreally:

BTW: Who said ANYTHING about going to Seattle for the NFC Championship? Dome Sweet Dome! :boink:

Last edited:

SVT

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    Slidell
    Debbie Downer; I already told you that Seattle has a retractable roof.

yes you CONTINUE to say something that is NOT true!

http://www.stadiumsusa.com/stadium/centurylink-field-98134/Seattle+Seahawks

History

The Seattle Seahawks conducted home games at the Kingdome from 1976 to 1999 before CenturyLink Field was built. In 1995, a proposal to issue county bonds to fund a remodeling project of Kingdome did not go through and Seahawks' former owner Ken Behring threatened to sell or move the team as a result. Local billionaire Paul Allen pledged to acquire the team the team if a new stadium could be built and said that the team could not be profitable until they left the Kingdome in 1997. Voter approval through a statewide election held on June 1997 of the referendum proposed by Allen created a public private partnership. Allen purchased the Seahawks and formed First & Goal Inc. to build and operate the facility. The Washington State Public Stadium Authority was created to oversee public ownership of the stadium, exhibition center, and parking garage complex. Construction began on the new exhibition center and parking garage complex in September 1998. Kingdome was demolished in 2000 in order to make room for the new stadium. Allen was closely involved in the design process and emphasized the importance of an open-air venue with an intimate atmosphere. There were plans for a retractable roof during the early stages of the stadium's design process but Allen denied them. The absence of the retractable roof reduced the total cost of the project, presented a better view of the surrounding area and made the stadium open to the elements. The stadium debuted in 2002 and was the first NFL stadium to install FieldTurf artificial field for the playing surface.
    CenturyLink Field was originally named Seahawks Stadium until Qwest acquired naming rights in June 2004 and was then acquired by CenturyLink, Inc. in 2011. The stadium is multipurpose and is home to the Seattle Seahawks (NFL) and the Seattle Sounders FC (MLS). The venue hosts concerts, trade shows and consumer shows along with football (professional, college, high school) and soccer. The complex includes the WaMu Theatre, the Event Center and a public plaza in addition to the stadium.

The 67,000 seat (35,700 for MLS) stadium is notorious for the boisterous inhabitants that fill the stands during Seahawks games. In 2003, newly-hired Seahawks CEO Tod Leiweke installed a large flagpole in the south end to fly a flag showing the number 12 as a tribute to the fans. In 2005, the stadium gained national media attention when the New York Giants committed 11 false start penalties due to the crowd noise.

SVT

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    Slidell
    Yes we have 11 days to prepare for them, BUT they have 15 days to prepare for us! So it's not like that's an advantage on our part.

And who said we'd be going to Seattle for the championship? The logical conclusion of the remaining teams schedules.

We play ATL, SEA, CAR (x2), TB, STL

SEA plays STL, ARI, NYG, SF

The odds are in their favor is all I'm saying.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Yes we have 11 days to prepare for them, BUT they have 15 days to prepare for us! So it's not like that's an advantage on our part.

And who said we'd be going to Seattle for the championship? The logical conclusion of the remaining teams schedules.

We play ATL, SEA, CAR (x2), TB, STL

SEA plays STL, ARI, NYG, SF

The odds are in their favor is all I'm saying.

Meh! I am almost willing to bet Seattle loses their first playoff game to the scrub that emerges from the wild card game! ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bharden68
    Top Bottom