The Sports Thread

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    oh no doubt, I'm sure they will score 35 points :mamoru:

It's time!

Seattle, WA
    Mon

Rain
    46°F <Negligible impact on Saints offense!

Precipitation: 50% <Could impact both equally
    Humidity: 72%
    Wind: 13 mph <No impact whatsoever.

Looks like perfect weather to hunt Sea Chickens!

Saints 35 - Sea Chickens 30

I am going with 35 points and a record night for the NFL God! :x: Just because of the non-believers.

Update: http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/nflpreview?gameId=331202026

Sea Chickens starting DB's not playing tonight! Uh oh!

Last edited:

SVT

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    Slidell
    It's time!

Seattle, WA
    Mon

Rain
    46°F <Negligible impact on Saints offense!

Precipitation: 50% <Could impact both equally
    Humidity: 72%
    Wind: 13 mph <No impact whatsoever.

Looks like perfect weather to hunt Sea Chickens!

Saints 35 - Sea Chickens 30

I am going with 35 points and a record night for the NFL God! :x: Just because of the non-believers.

I'm making sure to quote this delusion for all to read tomorrow morning. ;)

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    check your link, I don't see what you're talking about

That's a God damned ESPN link; here is an excerpt.

The timing probably couldn't be worse for the surging Seattle Seahawks to be without two defensive backs with the NFC's most prolific passer coming to town.

The numbers say that Drew Brees and the New Orleans Saints have plenty of incentive to end Seattle's franchise-record 13-game home win streak.

The conference's top teams are separated by one game as they meet in a Monday night showdown with major postseason implications.

Seattle (10-1) has won six straight and had last weekend off before returning to the news that cornerback Walter Thurmond was officially suspended Tuesday by the NFL for the next four games for violating the league's substance abuse policy. The suspension was first reported over the weekend.

The Seahawks' secondary is already missing starting cornerback Brandon Browner because of a groin injury.

"We're still trying to work through it. I'll say it again, I've always found myself looking for guys that maybe other people don't see something special in and we take a chance on a guy here or there that needs some extra consideration and care," coach Pete Carroll said. "And sometimes guys they have issues and things pop up but I've always been kind of hopeful and make guys find the best in them and bring it out. Sometimes it works out and sometimes it doesn't."

It's a major blow for Seattle, tied with Buffalo with a league-best 16 interceptions -- four apiece by Richard Sherman and Earl Thomas. The Seahawks have forced an NFL-high 26 turnovers entering Week 13.

SVT

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    Slidell
    That's a God damned ESPN link; here is an excerpt.

The timing probably couldn't be worse for the surging Seattle Seahawks to be without two defensive backs with the NFC's most prolific passer coming to town.

The numbers say that Drew Brees and the New Orleans Saints have plenty of incentive to end Seattle's franchise-record 13-game home win streak.

The conference's top teams are separated by one game as they meet in a Monday night showdown with major postseason implications.

Seattle (10-1) has won six straight and had last weekend off before returning to the news that cornerback Walter Thurmond was officially suspended Tuesday by the NFL for the next four games for violating the league's substance abuse policy. The suspension was first reported over the weekend.

The Seahawks' secondary is already missing starting cornerback Brandon Browner because of a groin injury.

"We're still trying to work through it. I'll say it again, I've always found myself looking for guys that maybe other people don't see something special in and we take a chance on a guy here or there that needs some extra consideration and care," coach Pete Carroll said. "And sometimes guys they have issues and things pop up but I've always been kind of hopeful and make guys find the best in them and bring it out. Sometimes it works out and sometimes it doesn't."

It's a major blow for Seattle, tied with Buffalo with a league-best 16 interceptions -- four apiece by Richard Sherman and Earl Thomas. The Seahawks have forced an NFL-high 26 turnovers entering Week 13.

yeah that should hurt them....35 points hurt them? doubtful

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    yeah that should hurt them....35 points hurt them? doubtful

I am predicting 35 points in your honor of disbelief! :D

The N.O. Saints Air Force is in Seattle tonight to drop some bombs, and if the N.O. Army infantry shows up; it's going to get ugly for Sea Chickens.

SVT

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    Slidell
    I can totally see where Emp is getting his 35 points....the Saints always go beast mode on the road....in the cold.... and the rain.

:flamed:

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I can totally see where Emp is getting his 35 points....the Saints always go beast mode on the road....in the cold.... and the rain.

:flamed:

AP: Kenner, La.- Kenner police report the entire New Orleans Saints team was found bound and gagged in an abandoned terminal at the N.O. International Airport. According to sources at the scene, the plane the team just boarded for Seattle was approached by several men in black suits where they sprayed the plane with an unidentified colored mist. Details are sketchy, but some witnesses say that the unidentified men then took the appearances of each of the players in can only be explained as a mass shape shifting. The stupefied victims were offloaded and herded into the abandoned terminal where they where held until their discovery early Tuesday by airline cleaning crews. Police are not releasing any further details about the abductors, but witnesses at a nearby business reported seeing a large saucer shaped vessel rapidly leaving a secluded wooded area nearby. The witnesses also reported that the air ship went aloft and disappeared instantly. All the victims are in good health, but none of them have any recollection of the experience. Police cannot explain the disappearance of the UFO, or the abductors.

In other news: WOW! The Seahawks could not have played a better game, and the Saints could not have played any worse. And that is the result of those two opposing forces.

:redfinger:

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I am not going to dwell on this ass whipping, because it was just that; But I am going to point out to those that are not as knowledgeable about NFL football who these Sea Chickens have played to get 11-1

They have played only 2 winning teams before last night; and Carolina was garbage and went 0-3 in the beginning of the season. The one other winner (IND), beat them. Now, in fairness, SF is at .500 and AZ has more wins than losses, but they are under .500 as a whole.

With that, look at these highlighted losers in this schedule. This is your #1 Seed in the NFC. :puke:

1 Sep 08 SEA 12 @ CAR 7
    2 Sep 15 SF 3 @ SEA 29
    3 Sep 22 JAC 17 @ SEA 45
    4 Sep 29 SEA 23 @ HOU 20
    5 Oct 06 SEA 28 @ IND 34
    6 Oct 13 TEN 13 @ SEA 20
    7 Oct 17 SEA 34 @ ARI 22
    8 Oct 28 SEA 14 @ STL 9
    9 Nov 03 TB 24 @ SEA 27
    10 Nov 10 SEA 33 @ ATL 10
    11 Nov 17 MIN 20 @ SEA 41
    12 Bye