The Sports Thread

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    While the Cards were getting their asses kicked; down the street the Rams had a 4th & goal from the 2 yard line with .04 seconds left in the game; to beat the Seahawks, and, well you know;

THEY BLEW IT!

:madfawk:

SVT

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    Slidell
    man it's encouraging to see Seattle is not unbeatable. But, the Saints' only hope of beating them in the playoffs is if it's played in the Dome

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I'm not sold the Saints can play well outdoors...muchless in Seattle...in January!

Let's analyze, shall we?

Beat Tampa Bay at Tampa (in their best effort by far to win a game); beat the Bears in Soldier Field (of all places), and was robbed by refs in beating New England (on the field), there!?!

Now on to New Jersey to take down the Jets!

And by the way, those pussies in Seattle close the retractable roof when it gets cold up there.

Last edited:

SVT

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    Slidell
    Let's analyze, shall we?

Beat Tampa Bay at Tampa (in their best effort by far to win a game); beat the Bears in Soldier Field (of all places), and was robbed by refs in beating New England (on the field), there!?!

Now on to New Jersey to take down the Jets!

And by the way, those pussies in Seattle close the retractable roof when it gets cold up there.

Hey, I get it, the Saints can win on the road...they are a good team, but understand this, they are not the same team on the road. For whatever reason(s), indoors/outdoors matters to their offense/team.

3 away games
    vs bucs: 397 total offensive yards, 1 TD 2 INTS 0 fumbles 16 points
    vs bears: 352 total offensive yards, 2 TD 0 INTS 0 fumbles 26 points
    vs pats: 367 total offensive yards, 3 TD 1 INTS, 1 fumble 27 points

last 3 home games
    vs BUF: 409 total offensive yards, 5 TD 0 INTS 0 fumbles 35 points
    vs MIA: 481 total offensive yards, 5 TD 0 INTS 1 fumble 38 points
    vs ARI: 446 total offensive yards, 4 TD 1 INTS, 0 fumbles 31 points

And that's just offensive stats...I could provide defensive stats if necessary.

Last edited:

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Hey, I get it, the Saints can win on the road...they are a good team, but understand this, they are not the same team on the road. For whatever reason(s), indoors/outdoors matters to their offense/team.

3 away games
    vs bucs: 397 total offensive yards, 1 TD 2 INTS 0 fumbles 16 points
    vs bears: 352 total offensive yards, 2 TD 0 INTS 0 fumbles 26 points
    vs pats: 367 total offensive yards, 3 TD 1 INTS, 1 fumble 27 points

last 3 home games
    vs BUF: 409 total offensive yards, 5 TD 0 INTS 0 fumbles 35 points
    vs MIA: 481 total offensive yards, 5 TD 0 INTS 1 fumble 38 points
    vs pats: 446 total offensive yards, 4 TD 1 INTS, 0 fumbles 31 points

And that's just offensive stats...I could provide defensive stats if necessary.

No thanks, Buzzkill! :D

As a Saints disciple of 40 years, I understand this is a special time to be a fan. It's not going to last, but from the perspective of this season they are improving as the season wears on. Your own stats reveal that. This Sunday is a huge test. Not cause it's outdoors, but because the Jets have a ferocious defensive line. If we have ANY offense against them equivalent to your stats of away games, we win this Sunday too!

I would tell you to bet money if we had a better run game, cause the Jets are monster run game killers. Since we don't, we probably don't have to worry about them shutting it down. :p

Prediction: Saints 31 - Jets 27 :boink:

SVT

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    Slidell

As a Saints disciple of 40 years, I understand this is a special time to be a fan. It's not going to last, but from the perspective of this season they are improving as the season wears on. Your own stats reveal that. This Sunday is a huge test. Not cause it's outdoors, but because the Jets have a ferocious defensive line. If we have ANY offense against them equivalent to your stats of away games, we win this Sunday too!

I would tell you to bet money if we had a better run game, cause the Jets are monster run game killers. Since we don't, we probably don't have to worry about them shutting it down. :p

I think the Saints will beat the Jets...probably hold the Jets to 20 points, and saints score 27.

SVT

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    Slidell
    Yahoo's Early Playoff Predictions:

PlayoffProjectionWeek8.jpg

NEW predictions

PlayoffProjectionWeek9edit.jpg

SVT

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    Slidell

looks like we both wrongly predicted the outcome...but it's a fact we need to face, the Saints arent the same team outdoors: The Lie We Tells Ourselves As Saints Fans: http://www.canalstreetchronicles.com/2013/11/5/5066432/the-lie-we-tell-ourselves-as-saints-fans

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    looks like we both wrongly predicted the outcome...but it's a fact we need to face, the Saints arent the same team outdoors: The Lie We Tells Ourselves As Saints Fans: http://www.canalstreetchronicles.com/2013/11/5/5066432/the-lie-we-tell-ourselves-as-saints-fans

2 interceptions that were caused by fumble fingered receivers is hardly a sign that they can't play outdoors. Those 2 interceptions caused 10 points against. Understanding the Saints cannot run, and the fact that the Jets have a great run defense; the score without turnovers was: 20 - 16; and that is assuming the Saints didn't score on either of those drives. ;) And :redfinger:

SVT

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    Slidell
    2 interceptions that were caused by fumble fingered receivers is hardly a sign that they can't play outdoors. Those 2 interceptions caused 10 points against. Understanding the Saints cannot run, and the fact that the Jets have a great run defense; the score without turnovers was: 20 - 16; and that is assuming the Saints didn't score on either of those drives. ;) And :redfinger:

And the Delusion continues :mamoru:

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    And the Delusion continues :mamoru:

That's the beauty of what if. We deal in absolutes by looking at the final score, but forget what might have happened if this or that took place. Now think about that for a second. We lost the game due to the final score; but we won the game in every facet except running and turnovers. Even with the lack of running we still played outdoors well enough to win. The turnovers, were the only difference in the ball game.

As an ardent Saints fan, and a knowledgeable football scholar; I was not as disappointed by the performance of the team in a hostile environment as I was the final score alone. We won that game! We just didn't have more points than they did at the end.

Now Dallas at home. Saints 35 - Dallas 28

By the way; You LSU ass-lampreys out there; I got news for you:

LSU 24 - Alabama 35

Sorry! That's the way it goes!

Last edited:

SVT

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    Slidell
    That's the beauty of what if. We deal in absolutes by looking at the final score, but forget what might have happened if this or that took place. Now think about that for a second. We lost the game due to the final score; but we won the game in every facet except running and turnovers. Even with the lack of running we still played outdoors well enough to win. The turnovers, were the only difference in the ball game.

As an ardent Saints fan, and a knowledgeable football scholar; I was not as disappointed by the performance of the team in a hostile environment as I was the final score alone. We won that game! We just didn't have more points than they did at the end.

Now Dallas at home. Saints 35 - Dallas 28

You sound like the Common Core apologists.....2+2=5

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I can't stop laughing

It's not really funny, some of these people are sick! ;)

This morning John Pastorek (WBRZ), was actively hoping that Nick Saban would take the job at Texas. I was amused that he and many like him, would think that instead of building a program that can beat a rival team; you would instead settle for the coach that whips your teams ass to leave.

I mean, how retarded is that? We can't beat Alabama, so I hope the coach goes somewhere else outside of the same Conference as us! :doh:

I do like LSU! After all, it is the state school and all; but the phony allegiance to this team really makes me laugh sometimes.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    BTW; I predicted LSU would only win 8 games this season based on their defense;
    I am sticking to that too!

Dude, EVERYONE said we'd be an 8-4 Team this year.( you're not special :p )
    We sent a College Football Record number of players to the NFL Draft this year(9)
    and (5) the year before(Brooks, Brokers, Claiborne, Taylor, Randle).

I'm suprised we are sporting the #21st Defense in the Nation at this point.

This is the easiest games to watch. You're the -12.5 Underdog.
    If you lose, it was predicted. If you win, you win big!

No shame in that.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bharden68
    Top Bottom