The walking dead is AWESOME!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • speedster

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    I always associated AMC with old timey movies but we got Netflix and I decided to check it out. This show is addicting! In almost done with the 2nd season. Any idea how many seasons this show will go on for?

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    They have easily 5 more seasons of material available, but I don't know if they can pull off some of the stuff they do in the comics on TV.

speedster

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    I just finished season two 5 minutes ago. Shane is going berserk it seems like but then the girl came out and I was like WTF! Do y'all know of anywhere I can watch the first episodes of season 3 so I can get caught up?

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    Tonight's episode wasn't one of the best but it serves a purpose.

Yet again they failed miserably at having any sort of credibility with gun people. Did anyone else notice that when the Governor grabbed the soldier's rifle and shot the dude running that it had no rear sight? How did not a single person on set point that out?! It is so bad it almost ruins it for me.

speedster

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    I'll keep an eye out for that part when I watch it speedracer. I always notice that when the girls shoot guns sometimes there is NO recoil or blowback of the slide. Just a little flash and a "bang" noise. I guess it is a semi-low budget show. Not sure what's happening in the 3rd season yet, but I have a feeling shane is gonna snap bad.

turboneal

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 12, 2010
    Vernon Parish
    The comic is so SO much better. Hated season 2. The characters u love in the comics get turned into such dbags on the show its hard to watch...

Hopefully they turn it around for season three...

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    The comic is so SO much better. Hated season 2. The characters u love in the comics get turned into such dbags on the show its hard to watch...

Hopefully they turn it around for season three...

I will probably read the comics when the show ends. I drive my wife crazy sometimes when we watch a movie based on a comic or book I have read and they change things or just flat out get things wrong.

SGT_Kramer

Knuckle Buster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 23, 2010
    Ball

Yet again they failed miserably at having any sort of credibility with gun people. Did anyone else notice that when the Governor grabbed the soldier's rifle and shot the dude running that it had no rear sight? How did not a single person on set point that out?! It is so bad it almost ruins it for me.
    I noticed that too but that shot still would have been very possible. I suppose if his main optic used batteries and didn't have a BUIS because he's supply SGT failed him that is what he would have left...... At least thats what I told myself happened. :D

Btl_Rkt_Sci

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 19, 2011

I saw that, also noticed how he didn't even look down the sight and cocked his elbow straight up like a twelve year old girl.

dwr461

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Love the show. But they continue the zombie movie tradition of not displaying firearms in any accurate way. My favorites so far:

Twelve gauge shotguns have no recoil and never run out of ammo.
    GLOCK's have a "safety" that you must make sure is off before using.
    Shane's training anyone how to aim a handgun.
    No rear sight on a AR15 that was just taken from a soldier.

Dave

erazir

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 30, 2010
    Baton Rouge, La.
    the show isnt accurate about anything. However, I find it entertaining as hell. The difference between the first season nad the current season is substantial. The current season has a significant jump in production values, special effects, makeup, props etc. The first season relied solely on acting, cinematography, and editing. I think it has built up pretty well and I do like the character development. Last nights episode threw a serious curveball at us. I hope it doenst side track the whole series. It reminded me of that series "Revolution".

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Good2go504
    Top Bottom