This whole Zombie nonsense

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RStewart

Not Easily Impressed
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Gonzales, LA
    I guess disco was all before your time. Or pet rocks or Cappage Patch kids. This is the same thing. The latest fad. It has happened before....it will happen again.

RyanW

Koch-head
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    If you think it's getting bad now, just wait until the next season of "The Walking Dead" comes out, in the BIG swing of election time!!!

BayouRat

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2012
    Luling
    This whole Zombie Apocalypse Prepardness came from the Goverment. The CDC and DHL started using Zombies in prepardness drills.
    http://www.homelandsecuritynewswire.com/cdc-instructs-preparations-zombie-apocalypse

Personally I've always been a fan of the Zombie Horror movies. Ever since Night of The Living Dead. It's also fun to shoot Zombie targets. You have to admit it's kind of boring to shoot at the same old targets day in and day out. I just don't take all this to seriously. If you do you may need to seek out some psychological help. :rolleyes:

Mjolnir

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Now THAT was funny! Thank you, BBQLS1!

Maybe my guys are ahead of the curve but after "28 Days Later" we began thinking about any prep we had for bitter winters, power outages, urban unrest. We laughed surmising that if you had enough prep for zombies you should be okay for anything Detroit Metro (or anywhere else we'd bother to live) could pull the pin and roll in our general direction.

The stupid racist angle never cropped up as EVERYONE requires food and water (something that will be in short supply in any extended power outage).

Oh, well... maybe I'm expecting too damned much.

SeventhSon

Evil Conservative
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 30, 2008
    Slidell
    The way I look at it, a "zombie" is ANY type of walking dead, and that includes the hordes of unprepared masses that will shuffle their way down the street after a disaster in search of something to feed off of.

Mjolnir

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    The way I look at it, a "zombie" is ANY type of walking dead, and that includes the hordes of unprepared masses that will shuffle their way down the street after a disaster in search of something to feed off of.

Exactly. You may wish to add "violence", "amoral", "predatory mindset" and it IS a "Twenty Eight Day/Weeks Later" world.

When we had the power outage in 2002 in Detroit a lot of people got a very small glimpse of what could be. It never devolved into "Zombie Land" but I'm sure some areas experienced a brief bout of it.

BayouRat

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2012
    Luling
    Well put. Anyone that lived through the K ville days witnessed how fast society deteriates when TSHTF. It sure taught me
    to prepare for the enevitable demise of society as we know it.

SeventhSon

Evil Conservative
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 30, 2008
    Slidell
    Well put. Anyone that lived through the K ville days witnessed how fast society deteriates when TSHTF. It sure taught me
    to prepare for the enevitable demise of society as we know it.

Katrina REALLY changed my whole outlook on how a society can degrade after a disaster. It changed the entire way I prepare now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    1bullseyebum
    Top Bottom