Thoughts on SCCY CPX-2 (Comparison Pics)

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jasarii

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 3, 2013
    Walker, LA
    A customer brought me a SCCY CPX -2 today for a holster build. I had seen these online before, but never really looked into them. Held one of the first time today and just from the eyeball test, seems like a well made pistol. It's chambered in 9mm and made in the USA(Daytona Beach, Florida). One of the biggest surprises was the fact that this pistol has a capacity of 10+1 !!! This is not a very big pistol. Below I have taken a few pics...one of which you can see some size comparisons with Kahr CM9, Keltec PF9, Glock 43, MP Shield, Springfield XDs 3.3.

Price tag (online) is $220.

Anyone here on the forum that owns one or shot one, please chime in on your experience with this model.
    55610ccb15a84d45e28ce50d285f3a8d.jpg

c5ce94c50f48d272e1edcb97d6bb498b.jpg

e66f90a14cd1d6ed4368514c4d1bbfc5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

GUY

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2015
    DENHAM SPRINGS, LA.
    I have a CPX2 and I really like it. It has nice fit and finish and is very reliable. The gun comes with 2 magazines and the warranty is lifetime of the gun. The CPX2 has no manual safety and the cpx1 has a manual safety. There was an earlier generation of this gun that had some problems but the present generation seems to have resolved the issues.

Danny Abear

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2007
    Brusly, La.
    I had a CPX1 a few years ago and no problems;They are designed to compete with the Keltec PF9, as it is identical, seem like I remeber reading that the company was started by X keltec employee, and they are around the corner from KT

Redd508

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 18, 2012
    Lafayette
    I got to put 100 rnds thru one and i have to say i like it. Fit and finish were good. The trigger was smooth and recoil wasnt bad. We were shooting bulk 115 gr fmj if that matters to anyone. This particular gun shot about 4" high at 15 yards but it was consistent and shot good groups. Since this isnt a target competition gun i dont think its a detriment. Social work statistically happens much closer up and the pistol seemed to be reliable. Granted my experience with it is limited, but it appears to be a solid little gun. Time will tell.

Jasarii

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 3, 2013
    Walker, LA
    Yeah, It seems like a great value for what you get for the cost. It's not a striker fired trigger, but was still pretty smooth...felt a lot better than the original Ruger LC9 trigger.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jgwick
    Top Bottom