Thursday nights in New Orleans metro area

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jimmy Dean

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    So, business trip down to metairie wednesday/thurs/friday. I am only gonna stay in own thursday night....so, what should I go do in metairie/new orleans?

Tulse Luper

Besmirched!
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Metairie
    So, business trip down to metairie wednesday/thurs/friday. I am only gonna stay in own thursday night....so, what should I go do in metairie/new orleans?

Snug Harbor for a little jazz.

Metairie is night life sink hole. Go out in Metairie only if you have a primer gray Camaro and want to talk about peeling out in it.

King of D Open
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 21, 2009
    Vieux Carre
    Check out where the music is at the Gambit or WWOZ

There are good and reasonably priced places to eat near every place that has music.

Check out Frenchmen Street, Rock & Bowl (Mid-City Lanes), Oak Street, and more.

I'd suggest avoiding Bourbon Street unless you're with a group of friends or hook up with one of the BS members who works there.

If you don't know the neighborhoods, don't drive - call United Cab 504-522-9771.

Read through some of the past posts on the subject.

Have fun.

Last edited:

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    If you don't know the neighborhoods, don't drive - call United Cab 504-522-9771.

Have fun.

THIS THIS THIS!!!!!

It's definitely not a "ride around in circles and try to find where you're going" city. My husband would have fits if he found out the places his wife ended up at last July. :o

Swami

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Monroe
    Metairie may not have the best night life, but they have a few good places to eat! 2 places in particular, Impostato's and Andrea's, are two of the best Italian places around. Both are near the same area, just east of Fat City.

Enjoy your stay! Don't worry too much, this is a fun area to be a tourist in. :D

leVieux

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 9, 2008
    New Orleans
    Only one evening in Metairie? Drago's.

Lunch? Dim Sum at Royal China on Veterans'; ask Miss Shirley for the Dim Sum menu.

JPSO will hassle you if you try to O.C.

See other posts re United Cab; we use them frequently.

Behave yourself, J.D.

leVieux

Jimmy Dean

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    I will not be OCing, :D , lunch is taken care of at work, Will look up Drago's. may just see if any of the guys in our office down there are doing anything

Jimmy Dean

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    I am STILL hung over from thursday night in Metairie. Holy crap! I did not GET my hotel room until 2am, and had to be up at 6:30.....I am calling it an early night tonight.

Top Bottom