To the BR police officer

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    that pulled me over at 7:30 yesterday at the I10-12 split and let me go with a warning. "Thank you" I don't know if he's on the board or someone here knows him. I didn't get his name. He was a young dark haired buck driving a Dodge Charger. I was in a white 05 Acura TL. I was pulled over for driving a little too fast through construction zone and changing lanes w/o signaling. I have a CCP and immediately notified him there were two loaded firearms in the car. He didn't seem concerned but when I had to get the insurance/registration out of the glovebox a pistol was on top of them. I gently lifted it out with two fingers and placed it in the console. The wife told me he had his hand on his pistol as I did this. We were heading to Lafayette to see my mother in law in the hospital. She's scheduled to have open heart surgery with a 40% chance of making it. Her name is Laura Roy. Prayers are greatly accepted.

Charles

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    Good job officer!

Charles, seperate the gun from your documents. Find a different place to keep them. The next cop you interact with may not be so calm.

Speedlace

LOL...right?
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2007
    Charles, seperate the gun from your documents. Find a different place to keep them. The next cop you interact with may not be so calm.

Yale made a suggestion some threads back to keep your documents on/in your sun visor so you don't have to reach over, and open your glovebox.

spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    Charles, I'll pray for your mother-in-law.

You definitely need to move your paperwork away from anywhere a gun would ever be.

kpm

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 5, 2008
    Prairieville, LA
    nice! Reminds me of my encounter in Metairie a while back. The officer was very polite once he realized I didn't steal my own truck!

Prayers sent for your mother in law.

k

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Good idea. Maybe I'll keep them where I stash my drugs. ;)

Just kidding about the drugs. LOL

Or, you could take a rubber band and wrap them around the barrel of the 870 you keep under the back seat....:mamoru:

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    that pulled me over at 7:30 yesterday at the I10-12 split and let me go with a warning. "Thank you" I don't know if he's on the board or someone here knows him. I didn't get his name. He was a young dark haired buck driving a Dodge Charger. I was in a white 05 Acura TL. I was pulled over for driving a little too fast through construction zone and changing lanes w/o signaling. I have a CCP and immediately notified him there were two loaded firearms in the car. He didn't seem concerned but when I had to get the insurance/registration out of the glovebox a pistol was on top of them. I gently lifted it out with two fingers and placed it in the console. The wife told me he had his hand on his pistol as I did this. We were heading to Lafayette to see my mother in law in the hospital. She's scheduled to have open heart surgery with a 40% chance of making it. Her name is Laura Roy. Prayers are greatly accepted.

Charles

Prayers for your MIL and Phyllis first off. I hope she comes through.

Secondly, I think I'd have asked if he wanted to come around and move the pistol for me. I feel like I should be telling the officer Thank you for not shooting my friend!!! :mamoru:

James Cannon

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    Laffy
    If I have to move or touch a gun in my vehicle at all, I will tell the officer about it before I do it.

I have no idea if I come off as a tool or a jerk, but I figure it's better for -both- of our safety if I warn him if I'm about to reach towards my firearm. Even if it's a longarm with the bolt open and unloaded, I'll give him/her a heads up. That way they either know what to expect, or can inform me of a different way to do things if they prefer. So long as it doesn't involve 'surrendering' the weapon. >.<

Just a thought.

Best wishes to your family.

yamatitan

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 27, 2009
    Prairieville, LA
    Sounds like the same guy that got me a couple of years ago in the same spot except heading the opposite direction. Except the guy who pulled me over was LSP in a black charger. He gave me a warning too and pulled me over for the same reason no signal changing lanes and speeding. This was before I had a CHP, he asked me where the fire was and I thought that was overplayed so I ignored him and told him to give me the ticket. Then he asked what my excuse for speeding was and told him I didnt have one. Then he said right answer and told me I didnt drive like that when I got my license and I knew how to drive and to do it. I though he was pretty cool for that especially since I was being a little smart ass in the beginning.

Good luck with the open hear surgery my dad had it twice the first time after a major heart attack and wasnt expected to make it the first time and had a 50% chance the second time and made it through both. He quit smoking after that.

Last edited:

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    Thanks for the prayers guys. BTW - Before opening the glove box I advised the officer a loaded pistol was on top of the papers and asked what he wanted to do. He told me to go ahead and get them. I picked it up with thumb and index finges only by the handle. Extremly slowly and very cautiously.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    "Officer, I would like to advise you that there are loaded weapons in my vehicle- as well as concealed on my person, as I am a Louisiana concealed handgun permit holder. In accordance with Louisiana law, at my discretion you are obligated to disarm yourself for my safety and yours...."

Or something like that. Maybe I need to brush up on the rules, again....:o

spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    "Officer, I would like to advise you that there are loaded weapons in my vehicle- as well as concealed on my person, as I am a Louisiana concealed handgun permit holder. In accordance with Louisiana law, at my discretion you are obligated to disarm yourself for my safety and yours...."

Or something like that. Maybe I need to brush up on the rules, again....:o

"I am a concealed carry permit holder and I am carrying right now" works fine IMO.

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    Great job. Much unlike the lady I just stopped who had to move her 38 to get to her expired insurance and registration, without telling me of course. :rolleyes:

We need a head up asss smilie.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jbruning
    Top Bottom