To the BR police officer

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    Great job. Much unlike the lady I just stopped who had to move her 38 to get to her expired insurance and registration, without telling me of course. :rolleyes:

We need a head up asss smilie.

I kept my hands on the steering wheel until the officer told me what he wanted me to do. It kept everybody happy. :D

rustyduck

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    near morgan city
    "I have a CCP and immediately notified him there were two loaded firearms in the car."

is it law that you have to tell them you have guns in the car? on your person, yes, but in the car?

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    I never get pulled over, but I wouldn't mind telling them just because I'm a nice guy.

Duck Jenkins

Lone Wolf
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2010
    NO/LA Area
    I kept my hands on the steering wheel until the officer told me what he wanted me to do. It kept everybody happy. :D

As you can see, there are many "experts" on what you should have done. It seems to me you did something right and it seems the cop had no problem with your actions, as he let you go. On that, I say you did just fine.

Are you sure it was not the Sheriff Dept. They seem to be more professional in that area.

Last edited:

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    As you can see, there are many "experts" on what you should have done. It seems to me you did something right and it seems the cop had no problem with your actions, as he let you go. On that, I say you did just fine.

Are you sure it was not the Sheriff Dept. They seem to be more professional in that area.

So are you saying that jumping out of your vehicle yelling "I can have your badge!!!" is a bad idea?....:D

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride

I don't think EBRSO has Chargers.

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    Yep........always remind the po po that you pay their salary, you can have their badge, there are lots of real criminals out there that they should be chasing, all the other cars are doin worse........

Might work too if you jump and grab at your belt line 4 o klok.......demand their ID and badge #

Remember its important to take control or you might get a ticket

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    "I have a CCP and immediately notified him there were two loaded firearms in the car."

is it law that you have to tell them you have guns in the car? on your person, yes, but in the car?

I believe if you are CCing outside the car you must notify the officer. It is still a good idea to let the officer know. No suprises.

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    I carry in my purse most days. I travel with it in the center with the gun compartment open and the grip usually very visible from the driver's side. The Yukon has a great depression/catch all in front of the radio that makes for a good solid base for the purse to sit.

I'm thinking I'll probably just have my CHP on top of my DL ready as he walks up, after I've somewhat closed the purse to prevent that being the very first thing he sees because lord knows during the stop, I'd probably knock the purse zipper and splash gun all over his line of sight. ;)

(And I have thought about zipping it completely before he walks up, but in case I'm not quick enough, I don't plan on having my hands on the purse as he walks up and I'm comfortable with having it accessible with my purse open until I'm ready to get out... Have I overthought this?)

Last edited:

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    I carry in my purse most days. I travel with it in the center with the gun compartment open and the grip usually very visible from the driver's side. The Yukon has a great depression/catch all in front of the radio that makes for a good solid base for the purse to sit.

I'm thinking I'll probably just have my CHP on top of my DL ready as he walks up, after I've somewhat closed the purse to prevent that being the very first thing he sees because lord knows during the stop, I'd probably knock the purse zipper and splash gun all over his line of sight. ;)

(And I have thought about zipping it completely before he walks up, but in case I'm not quick enough, I don't plan on having my hands on the purse as he walks up and I'm comfortable with having it accessible with my purse open until I'm ready to get out... Have I overthought this?)

You could just stop, keep hands on steering wheel and wait for directions. That way there is no way possible for your hands to be in your purse, thus near gun, when he walks up or can see. If he asks for DL, then advise and....follow instructions.

In the 600 + stops I made last year, i found people made mistakes or got in trouble most often when they tried to think. If hey would have just followed directions, then they would have been OK.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jbruning
    Top Bottom