To the BR police officer

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tulse Luper

Besmirched!
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Metairie
    You could just stop, keep hands on steering wheel and wait for directions.

That's my natural reaction. A cop surprised me in my backyard while I was working inside of my truck. I had set the house alarm off on accident a few minutes earlier.

Hands went to the steering wheel and I kept eye contact with him till he told me what to do. I was not shot and the guy was very nice - highly anticlimactic.

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    You could just stop, keep hands on steering wheel and wait for directions. That way there is no way possible for your hands to be in your purse, thus near gun, when he walks up or can see. If he asks for DL, then advise and....follow instructions.

In the 600 + stops I made last year, i found people made mistakes or got in trouble most often when they tried to think. If hey would have just followed directions, then they would have been OK.

Thanks Brannon, I'll do this then. Because I really have overthought it. I'm not prepared to zip my purse up and set it out of my reach because obviously it wouldn't do me a bit of good that way. But I do know it'd make the LEO uncomfortable because the handgun is just six inches, twelve max from my hand and it's always positioned where I can grab it and sweep everything except myself.

gsneff

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Gonzales
    will pray.

also, my philosophy is also to not keep teh gun and docs together. in addition to making cops nervous, having to reach across my car into the glove box isn't exactly convienient if you ever need to use it. keep it in you center consol. thats what i usually do if i don't want it seen.

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    I thought the proper thing to do was to jump out the car with your gun, waving it so the cops can see it, pointing at them so they know you're talking to them, and yelling, "I've got a gun!" If its a revolver, point it at them so they can see if its loaded or not... :)

Only one problem with putting papers over the visor. Just don't drive with the windows open. Eventually the sun will get in your eyes, you'll flip the visor down and there goes your papers. Ask me how I know... Very embarrasing walking up and down I10 in N.O. looking for a certain piece of paper...

Tulse Luper

Besmirched!
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Metairie
    I thought the proper thing to do was to jump out the car with your gun, waving it so the cops can see it, pointing at them so they know you're talking to them, and yelling, "I've got a gun!" If its a revolver, point it at them so they can see if its loaded or not... :)

I thought if you pee, poop, tug at your nipples and cry uncontrollably while reciting the poem below you get a pass. Nolacop?

There's a Polar Bear
    In our Frigidaire--
    He likes it 'cause it's cold in there.
    With his seat in the meat
    And his face in the fish
    And his big hairy paws
    In the buttery dish,
    He's nibbling the noodles,
    He's munching the rice,
    He's slurping the soda,
    He's licking the ice.
    And he lets out a roar
    If you open the door.
    And it gives me a scare
    To know he's in there--
    That Polary Bear
    In our Fridgitydaire.

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    I thought if you pee, poop, tug at your nipples and cry uncontrollably while reciting the poem below you get a pass. Nolacop?

There's a Polar Bear
    In our Frigidaire--
    He likes it 'cause it's cold in there.
    With his seat in the meat
    And his face in the fish
    And his big hairy paws
    In the buttery dish,
    He's nibbling the noodles,
    He's munching the rice,
    He's slurping the soda,
    He's licking the ice.
    And he lets out a roar
    If you open the door.
    And it gives me a scare
    To know he's in there--
    That Polary Bear
    In our Fridgitydaire.

i f I stop you and you do that...you get a pass.:eek3:

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    Thanks Brannon, I'll do this then. Because I really have overthought it. I'm not prepared to zip my purse up and set it out of my reach because obviously it wouldn't do me a bit of good that way. But I do know it'd make the LEO uncomfortable because the handgun is just six inches, twelve max from my hand and it's always positioned where I can grab it and sweep everything except myself.

What is going to make him nervous or suspicious will be your fervorously bending down to shove the drugs into your purse or under your seat...I mean gun...see what i mean. ;)

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    The only movement I was considering was slapping a hand down on my purse, pushing the unzipped compartment closed, a half second as I was actively pulling over. But if I moved and bumped the purse, then I could inadvertently bump the leather and stiff zipper back open.

I get what you're saying though and your first bit of advice was dead on.

Either way, if I drive like I'm supposed to, it should be a non issue. ;)

Last edited:

artabr

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    New Iberia , Louisiana
    Same here Art. I think my MIL is safe for now. The devil doesn't want her and God doesn't know what to do with her.

That's good news CE. I hope that it continues to get better.;)

The results of my stay were much, much better than what I was expecting.
    I will have to go to N.O. to have 2 stints placed in the right coronary artery that goes to my lung.
    Concidering my lifestyle, habits, and pain, I figured that I'd be more clogged than an LA. freeway at rush hour. :rolleyes: :D

Art

artabr

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    New Iberia , Louisiana
    When is the surgery Art? I'm sure a few of us would like to keep up with it and keep you in our prayers and good wishes.

If you don't mind me asking. ;)

I don't mind at all, Cat.
    I'm not sure yet, I have to meet with the tick toc doc in a couple of weeks to hash out the plans.
    Thanks for the wishes and prayers. I'll be sure to post more when I know more. I will have a few questions that the BS crew will be able to help me out with. ;)

Art

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Can someone confirm this. Could there be another department in that area that has markings that are close to EBR. ?

Unless I don't know my cars, they have at least one. A family friend (and EBRSO Cpl) drives it.

-Heat

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    I don't mind at all, Cat.
    I'm not sure yet, I have to meet with the tick toc doc in a couple of weeks to hash out the plans.
    Thanks for the wishes and prayers. I'll be sure to post more when I know more. I will have a few questions that the BS crew will be able to help me out with. ;)

Art

Please keep us posted, buddy....

Top Bottom