To the Hit and Run Lady Driver at Cortana Walmart...........

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Praesul Presul

On Target.....Sometimes
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Western KY
    .....everyone may have been laughing at your stupidity in not checking for a car in your rear view mirror when you knocked the living hell out of it BUT you are crazy as $%^& if you thought you were going to drive off and I wasn't going to turn your license plate in. Our insurance is too #$%$ high around here anyway without your help.

To the two boys in the Camry that saw it too, good job chasing her down and getting her license plate also. There might be hope for the youth in this area.

I am probably wasting my time posting this as this individual didn't appear to be the type that reads or much less knows how to use a computer.

I_FLY_LOW

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 15, 2007
    Gonzales
    You did good...
    Had that happen to my ex's car once, while we were at the chiropractor.
    I watched a bitch back out of a parking spot yacking on her cell phone, and slammed into the driver side passenger door of my x's car, then attempted to drive away.
    I ran out, and caught her and called the po po...

I hate people, sometimes...

Praesul Presul

On Target.....Sometimes
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Western KY
    Good job! Did the City get her or do you know?

I am not sure. It was parked where I thought only an employee would park (around the side between the garden center and auto) so I asked for the manager in the auto area and reported it to her. We walked out and showed her the car and then the two boys drove back up with the license plate number themselves. She went back inside. Had I been able to put my kids in prior, I would have followed her myself and just called the cops to report her location.

Yeah I would expect no insurance on this #$%#..............

Last edited:

sraacke

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    St. Gabriel
    You did good...
    Had that happen to my ex's car once, while we were at the chiropractor.
    I watched a bitch back out of a parking spot yacking on her cell phone, and slammed into the driver side passenger door of my x's car, then attempted to drive away.
    I ran out, and caught her and called the po po...

I hate people, sometimes...
    What I don't get is...this is 2011. every cellphone I have seen in the past couple of years comes Bluetooth ready. Many cars have Bluetooth built in and even if the car doesn't you can pick up a Bluetooth ear peice nearly anywhere for almost nothing. Yet I still see so many people, men and women, driving around holding on to their phones and driving with one hand or they have their head tilted over trying to hold the phone between their ear and shoulder. WHY? Just slip an earpeice on and talk normally. No holding the phone and I've found it to be a heck of alot less distracting. I can get out of the car and walk through a store and have the earpeice on and talking with my better half while putting items in the basket and checking out. I stopped at Acadamy and the Dollar General stores this morning and used my earpeice the whole time to chat with my spouse about my shift I had just finished. There is NO NEED at all to carry or hold your phone as you drive or walk around these days. I Just Don't Get It.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    .....everyone may have been laughing at your stupidity in not checking for a car in your rear view mirror when you knocked the living hell out of it BUT you are crazy as $%^& if you thought you were going to drive off and I wasn't going to turn your license plate in. Our insurance is too #$%$ high around here anyway without your help.

To the two boys in the Camry that saw it too, good job chasing her down and getting her license plate also. There might be hope for the youth in this area.

I am probably wasting my time posting this as this individual didn't appear to be the type that reads or much less knows how to use a computer.

Congratulations! Your train of thought is correct! This is the type of "looking out for the other guy" that we as a society should see be more infectious.

Praesul Presul

On Target.....Sometimes
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Western KY
    Congratulations! Your train of thought is correct! This is the type of "looking out for the other guy" that we as a society should see be more infectious.

Thanks. In my mind it could have easily just been my crappy car that only has liability so I would like to think someone would have done it for me. She paused long enough after she pulled away from her crash to tell me that she was contemplating driving off so my wife readied the pen and paper. There were three seperate groups of witnesses and I know at least two of us got her license plate.

On a side note, a member on here is looking into what the followup was........dying to know.

Rahllin

Geaux Tigers!
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 8, 2008
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I hope you called BRPD or made sure that Wal-Mart did, because if it was one of their own, who knows if it was ever even reported.

I was put in a similar perdicament once, that I hate to even think about. It was at Academy and I was on my lunch break, sitting in my car out in the back of the parking lot. I saw a big truck, back into a car, the driver got out, walked up to the car where he put a nice hole in the rear bumper, then he got back in his car and started to leave. I scurried for pen and paper, and when the truck (or so I thought, I swear it was identical) came by me, I wrote down the license plate number. I went inside, paged for the customers in the car that was hit, and we contacted the sherriff's department. We did what we could, and I gave them all my contact info as well, but it turns out in my haste to find a piece of paper, I took my eyes off the truck for a second, so the truck that passed me WASN'T the correct truck. I still feel bad about it. I was trying my hardest to do the right thing, but I should have just got out of my car when I saw it happen, instead of starting to look for a piece of paper to write on. I looked at the security footage with the deputy trying to see if the camera's caught anything, but no luck there. A couple days later, I got a call asking if I could look at some photos to identify the guy I saw driving the truck, and this is when I realized that I must have made a mistake because the guys in the pictures were all younger guys, and the guy I saw hit the car was a tall skinny older white guy with white hair and white facial hair. So instead of saving the day, I accidently pointed the blame at someone who turns out was just shopping at the store with his girlfriend that day. So hopefully I didn't cause too much of a hassle for the innocent guy, and I really wish I could have aided in the busting of the guy at fault. Like I said, I still feel bad about it when I think about it. I saw this guy back straight into a car, put a hole in their bumper, and then he got out and looked at the car, then looked at his bumper which had no damage, then got back in and drove off. :(

troy_mclure

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 13, 2010
    Central
    i had my bike parked in the lot at barnes and noble in br. somebody pulled in to the spot and hit my bike. i ran out there when the alarm went off, nobody was around.

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    I was walking back to my truck after an LSU football game and saw a guy back into another vehicle . He got out and checked the damage , and looked around for a few seconds . I stopped and watched for a minute and saw the guy get in his truck . He sat there another minute and then eased on out of his parking spot . I was close enough to see his plate and I wrote the number down and left a note on the windshield of the other vehicle . I hope they burned his ass .

Praesul Presul

On Target.....Sometimes
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Western KY
    I hope you called BRPD or made sure that Wal-Mart did, because if it was one of their own, who knows if it was ever even reported.

:(

Another member on here informed me today he looked into it and no report was ever filed. That pisses me off to no end:mad::squint:. One thing it wasn't one of their own as they had Texas plates and the hit run vehicle appeared to have at least 2 kids in it and another woman.

Why those Walmart #$%%#%* didn't do anything is beyond me........

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Another member on here informed me today he looked into it and no report was ever filed. That pisses me off to no end:mad::squint:. One thing it wasn't one of their own as they had Texas plates and the hit run vehicle appeared to have at least 2 kids in it and another woman.

Why those Walmart #$%%#%* didn't do anything is beyond me........

Because the parking lot is considered private property! Wal-mart would have to get involved or at least be involved in the subsequent legal implications. If the owner of the car that was hit doesn't initiate the claim, it's a moot point. I suppose he could pursue it with Wal-Mart, but it sounds like this episode will end with him getting his own vehicle fixed. And thus, he gets screwed in the in.

But your intention was in the right direction.

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Wal-mart can't file a report, press charges or take any other action. They can only report it and provide video evidence if it is requested by LEO.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jamesernestomurray
    Top Bottom