TODAY I dumped AT&T wireles:}

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Skiney

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Between the A & the T
    Good afternoon

Have any of you just dumped AT&T wireless?

I'm seriously considering doing so for many reasons......

I'm considering Verision due to the fact that they seem to have the best coverage in my rural area.

Any suggestions or feedback would be great. Also new phone reccomendations if you don't mind since I'll have to get a new one of those also!

Thanks in advance

S.

Last edited:

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    If I wasn't on a 10 year old + voice plan I would dump them. We have what they call what Cingular use to call a blue account, it is an account from the original AT&T wireless years ago. They are not that bad, but when it is bad, its really bad.

USMC-Deano

Baby Eagle FTW
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2011
    Oceanside, CA
    I live in Holden and my dad and stepmom have no coverage in the house with AT&T, yet my wife and I both have 3-4 bars consistently with Verizon. I've had AT&T/Cingular, Sprint, and dumped them both for VZ. AT&T had good customer service, but crap coverage. Sprint had good coverage, but crap CS. VZ has excellent coverage, and pretty good CS. I'd highly suggest VZ to anyone.

Skiney

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Between the A & the T
    I live in Holden and my dad and stepmom have no coverage in the house with AT&T, yet my wife and I both have 3-4 bars consistently with Verizon. I've had AT&T/Cingular, Sprint, and dumped them both for VZ. AT&T had good customer service, but crap coverage. Sprint had good coverage, but crap CS. VZ has excellent coverage, and pretty good CS. I'd highly suggest VZ to anyone.

Thank you...Any suggestions on type of phone?

USMC-Deano

Baby Eagle FTW
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2011
    Oceanside, CA
    Not really, I have a Moto Droid 1. I'd rather something better, but I'm broke as a joke right now, and I actually got this one refurbed for $20 after a $30 loyalty discount. Got that phone and an LG Ally for the wife, also refurbed, and the total cost was $20(hers was free).

Leonidas

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Slidell
    My ATT contract expires in 7 days. I let them schmooze me into staying last time around. Not this time. I'll also be dumping ATT Uverse. :bravo:

Plinky

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 20, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    I ditched att and went with verizon, all cell companies are crooks but for me with multiple lines their new shared data plans work well and save me a little bit.

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    I have the verizon 4g device in my car that runs the netflix thru my DVD player and it works great, no buffering anywhere in US on the interstate.
    Drive safe lol

My Verizon card sucks. It's company provided, so I can't do much about it, but it is horrible. We've got about 20 at our office and everyone hates them

gbundersea

Just my 2¢
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jun 4, 2007
    Walker, LA
    We had been with AT&T for YEARS, starting when they were Cingular. We still had dumb phones, since I do not get new technology (and the associated expense) unless it is justified.

That justification came about a month ago, when we went with Verizon's "share everything" plan. We got the LG Lucid phones, based on the recommendation of the Baton Rouge district manager, who we happened to meet by coincidence a few days before our planned switch! He said many of his managers have that phone, and really like it, as does he. They were $49.00 with the 2 year plan we signed up for.

So far, we have no complaints whatsoever; it's been great!

Verizon's coverage is indeed better than that of AT&T. A couple of months ago, prior to switching, Danielle was showing a property way north of Franklinton. She had to borrow our client's Verizon phone to make a call, since she had no signal! That was one of the final straws which prompted the change.

Last edited:

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    I did. Can't stand AT&T. Went Cellone got two Smartphones Unlimited and STILL saving money monthly.

sent from the Telephone I carry in my pocket.

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    I cant company I work for has a "commitment" with ATT, that being said the junk works only when it wants and since I refuse to get a Berry to run the outlook I have to pay for the Iphone 4S if I want to upgrade sooooooooo I still have an Iphone3Gs that is slower than my gma on a fast day.

krj1949

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 24, 2012
    Abbeville, LA
    I have one request. When calling into customer service ATT please remember that the Customer service rep is only allowed to say and do certain things. My Fiance has been there for 5 yrs and hates her job because people have nothing better to do than get pissy with her. If there is a problem call and get it fixed. All companies have their faults and I know personally ATT has plenty just please take it easy on the middle man/woman. btw those little surveys after the call....drastically effect thier stats. Bad reviews can and will get them fired. Equation.....She gets upset = quit job = less money = no more guns. All of these make me sad. lol

No matter which company you go with remember the people on the other side are just doing what they are told to do to get paid so they can pay their phone bills.

Neil09

Rating - 93.8%
    15   1   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    church point, la
    I HATE att!!!!!! I almost made a thread about it two days ago when I went get an upgrade. It used to be price of phone, plus an $17 upgrade fee. Well now its phone plus a $55 upgrade fee!! Thats a big jump in my opinion, we also get random charges every month, im sure everyone does but most dont check the bill. Let me stop, I can go on forever..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    Verizon is the way to go. Their plans costs a little more, and you only get an upgrade every 2 years, but their service is excellent. I had alltel since I was 17 and then they merged with verizon, and I have always been happy with the service.

Skiney

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Between the A & the T
    I have one request. When calling into customer service ATT please remember that the Customer service rep is only allowed to say and do certain things. My Fiance has been there for 5 yrs and hates her job because people have nothing better to do than get pissy with her. If there is a problem call and get it fixed. All companies have their faults and I know personally ATT has plenty just please take it easy on the middle man/woman. btw those little surveys after the call....drastically effect thier stats. Bad reviews can and will get them fired. Equation.....She gets upset = quit job = less money = no more guns. All of these make me sad. lol

No matter which company you go with remember the people on the other side are just doing what they are told to do to get paid so they can pay their phone bills.

Thanks, I see your point Sir:}

Oh by the way your wife doesn't have a middle east sounding accent does she? lol I think I was trying to listen to a ferignier :} When I call A$$T&T customer service!

I_FLY_LOW

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 15, 2007
    Gonzales
    I gave ATT the finger a little over a year ago.
    Been very happy with Verizon.
    Our company allows ua a corporate discount, for personal phones, accessories, and service.
    The discount for ATT's service was like 9%, iirc, and 26% for Verizon...
    I waited for the early termination fee to be less than a year's service with ATT, and did the switch.

Top Bottom