Today's the Day

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • XD-GEM

XD-GEM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    New Orleans
    My daughter was scheduled to be induced to labor today. However, over the weekend, her blood pressure spiked dangerously and they admitted her for observation. Last night, they decided that the baby was transverse. If he's still that way this morning, They will perform a C Section.

Please keep my daughter, son-in-law, and soon to be born grandson in your prayers this morning. This is the daughter who nearly died last year after the first baby miscarried at almost 7 months, so we are deeply concerned for her.

sraacke

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    St. Gabriel
    Here's hoping for the best.
    Hey, I expect lots of baby photos at the meeting tommorrow night so make sure you have fresh batteries in your camera. Ya got that, Grandpa? :p

XD-GEM

XD-GEM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    New Orleans
    Well, they went to do a final check before doing the C section and found that the baby had turned back the right way - thanks for the prayers, folks! The doctor looked at the ultrasound and said, "Baby's got other ideas. OK, everyone out of the room but MOm and Dad - we've got to talk."

So they canceled the C-section and will allow her to labor "the old-fashioned way," as the doctor put it. Probable delivery time is 5 or 6pm.

Painman, it was Factor 5 Leiden thrombophilia - the opposite of hemophilia. The blood clots too fast and too much. Since the placenta is nothing but a bunch of tiny blood vessels, they all clogged up and solidified, killing the child and causing my daughter's body to produce toxic chemicals which nearly took her out as well. This whole pregnancy, she has been on blood thinners that get injected into her abdomen every day. She showed the needle marks to me early on and complained about them. I told her she should put them in a pattern so that they looked like a tattoo - after all, everyone's getting tattooed these days.

She said, "Daaaaaad!" :)

XD-GEM

XD-GEM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    New Orleans
    Here's hoping for the best.
    Hey, I expect lots of baby photos at the meeting tommorrow night so make sure you have fresh batteries in your camera. Ya got that, Grandpa? :p

Would you believe I left the friggin' camera at home? I was so concerned about the C-section it slipped my mind. Now that I've got a little time I'm going to try to run home and get it.

sraacke

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    St. Gabriel
    Would you believe I left the friggin' camera at home? I was so concerned about the C-section it slipped my mind. Now that I've got a little time I'm going to try to run home and get it.
    :eek3: Yes, go. Go now. Never leave without your camera. Just look at me. I always have my camera. My gosh man. This is 2010. You need photos to post on forums, Facebook and everywhere. Or maybe that's just me.

XD-GEM

XD-GEM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    New Orleans
    Long Labor - Good Result

After a VERY long labor, my daughter safely delivered our grandson.

Andrew Michael Harrison
    6ob7bb3i1e4wd016a422.jpg

The happy family
    wwg9fhmzyp7cg08fan5.jpg

Top Bottom