Trifecta

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dzelenka

D.R. 1827; HM; P100x3
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    Covington
    I can't think of a better time to quote you on yourself -

"Specifically, it was April 30, 2008. The exact quote is: "rifleman extrordinaire, drinker of fine wine and lover of beautiful women". You are not the first person to bring that up, nor would you be at an LSA meeting."

;)

The internet is like herpes - forever.

tactical723

3 Gun / F Class Player
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    Northshore - Covington, LA
    Dan, does your wife assume that you are now on cruise control and semi-retired??? spending more time at home, or even maybe try a couple 3 gun matches with us?? Congrats, I know thats a lot of sweat, tears, and time behind the press!!!

dzelenka

D.R. 1827; HM; P100x3
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    Covington
    Dan, does your wife assume that you are now on cruise control and semi-retired??? spending more time at home, or even maybe try a couple 3 gun matches with us?? Congrats, I know thats a lot of sweat, tears, and time behind the press!!!

She assumed that 2 years ago when I went Distinguished, but I wanted to make President's 100 and High Master before slowing down my service rifle shooting. Right now I am just having a bit of fun, but I don't think 3 gun is in the cards.

geauxshootin

LA CHP Training and more
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Jul 29, 2009
    Prairieville
    If we can't get all of the distance, we can always shrink the targets on the copy machine. A few of them might just end up smaller than the rest, but I think websters defines that as Politics. jk

50 yards will be alot tougher to accomplish

geauxshootin

LA CHP Training and more
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Jul 29, 2009
    Prairieville
    Alan, if your place will handle it, maybe we can get an indoor 50 foot league going. NRA sanctions those. I have really wanted to do that, but three or four shooters simply won't support it. I, for one, would drive to Ascension once a week for a league shoot.

We can work out the logistics when the time comes, but the facility will definately handle and welcome it.

dzelenka

D.R. 1827; HM; P100x3
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    Covington
    Reduced size targets already exist: the B-16 represents the 50 yard slow fire target for 25 yard use. That's called the National Match Short Course, and is what they shoot at McComb. The rules for leg matches state that they MUST be fired per the standard NRA National Match Course; i.e., slow fire at 50 yards on the B-9, timed and rapid at 25 on the B-8, on turning targets.

The B-2 and B-3 targets are used at the 50 foot line for indoor stuff. These are only three inches in diameter (for the black bull) and are actually more difficult than the larger targets at 25 yards.

But the 50 yard line is what separates the shooters from the bullshitters. The B-9 has the eight ring blacked out, which makes it a BIT larger than the B-8... but not twice as large.

Anyway... if your place has a full 25 yards, I suggest the Short Course using B-8s and B-16s. Those B-2s and B-3s at fifty feet will tremor the heart of a new shooter...;)

The first thing I have to do is get a pair of glasses that will allow me to focus on the front sight properly. I tried using my Knoblochs, but it is such a pain to change them from a position that is useful for rifle to one that can be used for pistol that I want a second pair. My best guess is that I need a +.37 lens. My Decots that I shoot pistol with have a +.25 and my eyes tire as I shoot.

Ammo other than WW ball would probably be good to. I really need to crank up the Dillon.

Dan

Top Bottom