Truck/van/car gun

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • slacker

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 14, 2010
    Red Stick
    i had my gun stolen from work once, it was recoverd and the very pissed off BRPD informed me that they would really rather me carry it, than leave it somewhere to be stolen by whacked out thugs. ie. "if you don't need it enough to carry it then you don't really NEED it" strange predicament since i worked in a bar.

Last edited:

charliepapa

Clandestine Sciuridae
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Jul 12, 2009
    Prairieville
    i had my gun stolen from work once, it was recoverd and the very pissed off BRPD informed me that they would really rather me carry it, than leave it somewhere to be stolen by whacked out thugs. ie. "if you don't need it enough to carry it then you don't really NEED it" strange predicament since i worked in a bar.

while I basically agree with what the PD told you, it raises a question for me: in that situation, can an employee ask their employer (the owner of the bar) and be granted permission to carry while at work? or, is this one of those cases where the gov't knows better what we need than we do? :rolleyes:

I can see where you wouldn't want a person that's drinking to be carrying a gun since alcohol usually kicks judgement out the window, and I can see why you wouldn't want a person OC'ing in a bar where some drunk could grab the gun, in dark crowded conditions. However, it doesn't seem like an employee carrying concealed for the good of himself and other employees and/or patrons would be such a bad thing.

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    All I can say is ever seen COJO has his weapons stolen I have been more responsible with mines, I actually talked about the situation with a good buddy of mine who happens to work for SMPSO. I have a better registry of all my weapons which includes make/model/serial number and whatever mods I have done to them as well as pictures of not only the firearm itself but the serial number. I know if I ever had the need to give a description to not only my insurance but local SO I could provide them even with pictures not to say that would help find it but it would be much better than just to say its a colt 1911 or a j frame revolver.

Thanks COJO for making me a more responsible gun owner, on the other hand I stopped heaving a vehicle gun long time ago, I did when I lived in the city but now that I live out 20 miles to the closest real town I have to mentally do a check list before I leave my house to make sure I have everything so I dont have to come back.

homeslice

Be honest.
    Rating - 100%
    87   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    St. Charles Parish
    Remember, you said it was recovered on a felony stop. 16 hydra shocks and a means of delivery in the hands of a not so nice person.

Sorry if this sounds rude, but I believe that leaving a unattended firearm in the quarter is a rather irresponsible, if not criminal in it's own right.
    Just sayin.

Why did you quote my post on that?

ENVPMBR Shooter

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Baton Rouge, La
    I was lucky this past December when I was on a project in Tillmans Cormer, Al. At the last minute I decided to bring my HK into the hotel room, the next morning it was 20 degrees and I decided to go a start my truck and noticed the broken glass at the base of my drivers door. The no good S.O.B. stole my radio, GPS, MP3, but left my radar detector. Not only did he break into my truck but three others at the same hotel and eleven others at other hotels and stole a car. The Mobile Police did their job and caught the bastard before I had noticed that I had a break in.

Since then I make it a practice to always bring in my truck gun when I park my truck for the night. The thoughts of everyone who says buy a cheep gun to keep in your truck so if stolen you will not be out much; think of it this way would you be upset if you left two one hundred dollar bills and someone stole it?

Vigilante Sniper

Guns are my crack!!
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    LaPlace
    I carry concealed all of the time, but I also have a truck gun that sits between my seat when I'm driving. It's a .44 mag, just in case I have to shoot through the door or window. I lock it in my console and set the alarm when I'm not in the vehicle, but I do take it inside at night. If I'm just staying local, I leave it home and just have my carry gun. When I'm in New Orleans or B.R, my right hand is on the gun when I'm stopped at a light, and I'm always aware of my surroundings and means of escape should something happen, being prepared is not being paranoid but some people think I'm nuts.

Last edited:

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    I carry concealed all of the time, but I also have a truck gun that sits between my seat when I'm driving. It's a .44 mag, just in case I have to shoot through the door or window. I lock it in my console and set the alarm when I'm not in the vehicle, but I do take it inside at night. If I'm just staying local, I leave it home and just have my carry gun. When I'm in New Orleans or B.R, my right hand is on the gun when I'm stopped at a light, and I'm always aware of my surroundings and means of escape should something happen, being prepared is not being paranoid but some people think I'm nuts.

I often have my pistol in my cup holder when driving. It holds it securely and in a position where it can be drawn quickly and safely.

Top Bottom