Tv cops

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • alpinehyperlite

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    So over the years, with all the different police shows..... (I [almost] got away with it, the first 48, csi, law and order) and it always shows the cops grab their guns out of their desk drawers before walking out of the office. In my 7 years of law enforcement, I've never seen this done in real life. Where did they get this from?

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    I'm a huge Law & Order fan. The stuff I see and hear on there ALMOST ruins it for me. I can't help but think just how many millions of people have all their knowledge about guns from watching Law and Order.

olivs260

Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Sep 23, 2009
    Geismar, LA
    I'm a huge Law & Order fan. The stuff I see and hear on there ALMOST ruins it for me. I can't help but think just how many millions of people have all their knowledge about guns from watching Law and Order.

*shudder*

It's probably more than I want to know.

Tulse Luper

Besmirched!
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Metairie
    It's just a prop driven device. It adds to the sense of urgency and danger.

Its documented, most overuses is on NCIS. I want to twirl Ziva's hair around my finger. I bet it's soft.

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    I like some of the Law and order casts, but I cannot stomach watching an entire episode. They act like guns are so evil that they are forged with flames from burning puppies.

Bosco

We are the hammer
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Covington
    I remember watching an episode of cops where they chased a guy into an open field and you could hear tires screeching as they drove around in the mud

Also remember watching an episode of bait car where someone stole an SUV and they pieced in footage of 2 other SUV's as they were "chasing them" and then in the end arrested the original person in the original SUV.

Not sure if it's all 100% scripted or just 100% edited in the end to make it all look more exciting. I just can't bring myself to watch anything labeled as "reality tv" anymore.

SlimPickins

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2012
    I just know everyone watched as Steven Segal drug the driver out of the car screaming " you can't just drive around here with a GUN in your car.

I think that was his shark jump for that show anyways.

Zivas hair is soft by the way...can't say any more

Speedlace

LOL...right?
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2007
    I remember watching an episode of cops where they chased a guy into an open field and you could hear tires screeching as they drove around in the mud

Also remember watching an episode of bait car where someone stole an SUV and they pieced in footage of 2 other SUV's as they were "chasing them" and then in the end arrested the original person in the original SUV.

Not sure if it's all 100% scripted or just 100% edited in the end to make it all look more exciting. I just can't bring myself to watch anything labeled as "reality tv" anymore.
    "COPS" likes to dub in and chop up sound a lot.
    Like adding tires squealing and to cover up curses.

@0:14

@ 0:04

:)

pulpsmack

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Red Stick
    I like some of the Law and order casts, but I cannot stomach watching an entire episode. They act like guns are so evil that they are forged with flames from burning puppies.

Sounds like a realistic portrayal of an NYC cop to me! I was up in Cleveland when the AWB expired. The gym manager was an off duty or aux police Sgt who commented how terrible it was now that "machine guns were back on the street".

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jbruning
    Top Bottom