Tv cops

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • enutees

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jul 4, 2010
    Prairieville
    Funny enough about 12-15 years ago the only time a pistol was put in the drawer at work a deputy shot his finger off trying to clear it. He was a long time law enforcement officer as well. Scared the hell out of us though.

I think about it every time I see someone grab a gun on one of the tv shows out of a drawer.

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    So over the years, with all the different police shows..... (I [almost] got away with it, the first 48, csi, law and order) and it always shows the cops grab their guns out of their desk drawers before walking out of the office. In my 7 years of law enforcement, I've never seen this done in real life. Where did they get this from?

That may be because your time is in Capital Police. In lots of Agencies, Investigators, lock their weapons in their desk while working in their offices. One of the biggest reason for doing so is the Officer Safety Issue of having a weapon, not in a retention holster, on a Detective, in an Interview Room with a Felony Suspect.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    That may be because your time is in Capital Police. In lots of Agencies, Investigators, lock their weapons in their desk while working in their offices. One of the biggest reason for doing so is the Officer Safety Issue of having a weapon, not in a retention holster, on a Detective, in an Interview Room with a Felony Suspect.

The ones I use to see in my fathers office did it because they didn't feel like wearing it while sitting in the desk chair with the arm rest. They felt it was easier to grab from a half open drawer

MOTOR51

flamatrix99

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Zachary, La
    My new quote. LOLOL

...guns are so evil that they are forged with flames from burning puppies.

Yep. Same as charging a weapon. Rarely in a movie or TV show will you see a weapon presented without racking the action (often multiple times before it's ever fires). Loaded guns are boring.

I point this out to the wife all the tine. My Glocks don't make that noise like a hammer being cocked when I point them at a target. Lolol

Last edited:

alpinehyperlite

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Baton Rouge

I'm not with Capitol police. I'm at Capitol detail. And before this assignment, I was assigned to the LSP HQ complex where I spent a good bit of time with the different investigative agencies located on that complex.

JBE

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 1, 2010
    Welsh, LA
    My Glocks don't make that noise like a hammer being cocked when I point them at a target. Lolol

I'm still looking for the safety on both of mine...I mean, I keep hearing the "click" of a safety being turned off on Glocks on TV and the movies all of the time...

CUJOHUNTER

EARPLUGS??
    Rating - 100%
    156   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    New Orleans
    I gave up trying to assess shows and movies for accurate gun play. As long as Hollywood is still involved in mass entertainment, ya'll are just gonna have to grin and bear the "drama" that's portrayed when guns are presented in any scene. Sad but true.

Booseman

In Vino Veritas
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Lake Charles
    I was watching Blue Bloods while I was home, guilty :hsugh:, and I was wondering the same thing. The only thing I could think of is comfort and not having a gun in an interview room. I am sure most defectives don't utilize retention type holsters either.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jbruning
    Top Bottom