Two months before the Panic Buying

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gdubya

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2024
    WV
    I have an optimistic outlook for the upcoming election but want to be ahead of the panic buying just in case. I am evaluating my magazine situation & trying to make sure I have at least a 10:1 ratio for everything that uses mags. Will likely get a little more ammo.

As an FYI, presidents can immediately stop the importation of firearms with an order so it might be a good time to get that new Tikka hunting rifle you have been thinking about.

A couple stripped lowers and LPKs might be a good investment also.
    That’s the worst part about being an AK platform fanatic like me, you never know when the hammer will come down just like it already has several time (2014 with the Russian AK ban, 2022 with the Russian Ammo ban). Sometimes I see some AR guys on the internet laughing and hoping they ban imports, I don’t understand it? They are so small minded they don’t understand that import bans affect the market way more than just import rifles etc. An import ban means less available firearms on the market, which amplifies shortages of guns, ammo, and accessories in general. I could go on but anyone who is reading this who has a brain will understand. Remember, 2 is 1 and 1 is none. Stack mags, ammo, and spare parts. Those of us who have been around long enough know it’s not a matter of if there will be panic buying, it’s when.

gdubya

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2024
    WV
    I whole heartedly agree with the sentiment on stocking magazines. For every gun I own that uses a mag, I store spare mags. I don’t think we will see the same shortages as in the past except for ammo. When it comes to bullets, shitzabout to get real. Anyone griping about today’s prices will feel like an unprepared fool very soon. In short, if you don’t have it, you might think about getting it nowish.
    Found this out the hard way back in ‘22. Wish I had been buying at least one 700rd spam can of 7.62x39 a month. Now prices are ridiculous. I still can’t stop picking up when I have the extra $ though lol. Thankfully I had a few K rds put up I stacked over the years, it’s never enough though. :/

gdubya

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2024
    WV
    Doesn’t matter what it looks like in the jar. After you throw it into a spaghetti sauce, it’s gonna look great.
    Beans, rice, and pasta of all types are great dry long term store foods.
    Btw, someone was asking about camping containers a while back. Here’s one of the Remington boxes I mentioned. Heavy plastic with good rubber seals. You can pack about 60 pounds of dry foods easy. Then just stack them in a spare room.
    This^ 100%. Anyone who has ever been truly hungry knows that even a $h17 biscuit tastes good lol. I wish I had the $ to buy a freeze dryer. Wonder how much people who own them charge to do a run of food for you? I’m not sure I even know anyone with one, but they’ve got to be out there with all the freeze dried candy people sell everywhere these days for some reason lol

gdubya

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2024
    WV
    Ha
    Ha
    I know you guys are just trying to be funny, but realize where we live and know that every time we have a bad storm or any type of unrest, another large number of non gun owners become gun owners. You’d die hungry. Catching someone on the road with a car full of groceries might work out for you, but we all know that trying to go loot someone’s home would get you and all your posse unalived in a minute. I know y’all have better sense.
    People seem to forget that even in military scenarios the offensive force expects a 3 to 1 loss ratio compared to the defenders (meaning the force attacking a defensive position can expect to lose 3 personnel for every 1 defender they take out). I’d expect about the same losses from looters or raiders (whatever you want to call them). Why do you think the police often find themselves in a standoff or resort to sending in shields and SWAT teams? Hell, now they’re even sending in demo robots lol. Anyone remember that guy in Dallas who was killing/ambushing officers and ended up hold up in a building? He demanded food so they sent a bomb squad robot in with a Subway bag filled with C4

Top Bottom