Ugly A$$ Fal!! Before & After

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kajuntriton

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   0
    May 2, 2009
    BR, G-Town, P-Ville
    Well I brought this one into the shop today to start the make over, this was a test just to see what direction I will be taking this one! Well I am NOT sure yet on the final destination.... BUT it looks 100% better now than it did 4 hours ago!

BEFORE!

imbelbefore1.jpg

imbelbefore2.jpg

fal2z.jpg

AFTER

imbelafter1.jpg

imbelafter2.jpg

I will get some BETTER after pics tommorow, I had to charge the camera ...... it decided to take a dump on me just as I started getting the after pics!

Last edited:

kajuntriton

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   0
    May 2, 2009
    BR, G-Town, P-Ville
    It would look a little sexier with a humpback on there.

G-FAL, you are 100% correct and it will! I was disappointed yesterday when I started digging into my stashed spare parts and did NOT Have a plastic humpback!

When it is done it will have a humpback, plastic or Walnut I am not sure about, that will depend on the actual finish! Right now I am thinking about a Rhodie clone with the babypoop camo! And if that's the case I will be going with the type "B" LOOOONGE plastic humback. OR I may just stay with the black finish and go with the "B" or "C" wood stock from Blue Monster.

Right now I am just going to leave it and burn some ammo, then decide. It is the GL Imbel lower receiver on an Imbel rifle and as you know the Imbels make a great build, and a very nice shooter.

I just had to get that UGLY A$$ SAW crap furniture off! I couldn't even look at it seriously with that crap!

Thanks for the comments guys!

KT

Last edited:

kajuntriton

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   0
    May 2, 2009
    BR, G-Town, P-Ville
    Hope you got it for a deal, that was real baaaad..

Well isn't wasn't a bad deal, but honestly the ONLY real bad thing was the furniture! That was actually already sold before I had even taken delivery of the rifle. So that knocked off $100 bill of the actual cost! Yeah shocked me too that someone would even want that UGLY crap, then to actually pay for it! And the $100 was his OFFER! Hell I would have sent it to him for the price of shipping!
    BUT it is TAPCO, so that gave 3 US made parts......sometimes you have to do what ya can, and if that floats ya boat so be it! ;)

The actual rifle was pretty much in meant condition (Less the finish) The barrel bore, looks perfect, no frosting, looks like it was barely shot any at all!
    Everything locks up very tight. Receiver alone is selling for $400.00 + so yeah I did pretty well!

The more I look at this one and tinker with it, I think I will probably just blast the metal, do a Dura Coat finish, slap on a humback stock and this will be my primary shooter, beater, truck weapon!

KT

kajuntriton

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   0
    May 2, 2009
    BR, G-Town, P-Ville
    It would look a little sexier with a humpback on there.

Well G FAL, I didn't want to do this BUT since I worked a trade today for the STG butt stock, PG and the Century Hand guards, I was forced to break out one of my special sets of Furniture that is reserved for my STG kits.

ANYONE that has ever said, "You can put lipstick on a PIG but it's still a PIG!" Well they just never used BLUE MONSTER lipstick! Amazing what a fine piece of craftsmanship and French Walnut will do!

imbelbefore1.jpg

imbelafter1.jpg

imbelwood2.jpg

imbelwood1.jpg

imbelwood3.jpg

IT won't stay like this long, as soon as the trade deal is completed she will go back to the Black plastic, just wanted to give you guys some idea of what just a couple small pieces of WOOD can do for ya! ;)

KT

Top Bottom