UN to vote on no fly zone in Libya

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Paintball

Long live the 10mm
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2010
    Denham Springs, Louisiana
    funny-un-united-nations-photo.jpg

jms

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 25, 2009
    Franklinton,La.
    United States needs to stay out of this. In my time on this earth ( 66 years ) we have been in one police action (politically correct wording ) after another . I am a veteran of Vietnam .That was a waste of 58,000 lives from my generation . My opinion.

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    Didn't I hear this dam fool potus say lately that he wanted to help Quadafi if he couldn't whip the rebels into shape ??

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    340   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    United States needs to stay out of this. In my time on this earth ( 66 years ) we have been in one police action (politically correct wording ) after another . I am a veteran of Vietnam .That was a waste of 58,000 lives from my generation . My opinion.

Thank You for your service. I am your age and I concur. The last thing the US completely won was about the time we we born.

JadeRaven

Oh Snap
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Metairie
    Forgive me for my ignorance, but is Libya "good" or "bad?" I put them in quotes because I know it's not really one or the other, but some relative term.

From what I understand, Syria = bad, Iran = bad, Egypt = iffy, Jordan = pretty decent.

And then there's a difference between the population and the rulers too. . . Like Saudi Arabia is prolly full of lunatics but King Abdullah is a righteous fellow.

I know just about nothing about Libya

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    340   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Forgive me for my ignorance, but is Libya "good" or "bad?" I put them in quotes because I know it's not really one or the other, but some relative term.

From what I understand, Syria = bad, Iran = bad, Egypt = iffy, Jordan = pretty decent.

And then there's a difference between the population and the rulers too. . . Like Saudi Arabia is prolly full of lunatics but King Abdullah is a righteous fellow.

I know just about nothing about Libya

Ruler is Bad.

JadeRaven

Oh Snap
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Metairie
    I don't see how it would really hurt to enforce a no-fly zone or even have a Clinton-style air campaign with none of our troops on the ground.

Sure it costs money, but we already have the carriers at sea and airbases nearby.

But would the situation improve if the rebels topple this guy? Or would it just be some other psychopaths who take over?

jms

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 25, 2009
    Franklinton,La.
    JadeRaven Vietnam started with just sending over a few advisiors to the South Vietnam people in 1962 by 1965 we were at a full out war ,don't let anyone say it wasn't a war just as Korea Gulf war 1 & 2 are as well as Afganastan .

"Or would it just be some other psychopaths who take over?" I beleive you answerwed your own question . Just look at all the wars since WW2 we have stuck our nose in and for what , Democracy ? We are still fighting with N. Korea a peace tready was never signed. No sir, I ain't having no part with another war we can't win .Truth is we will never see a true democracy in Afganastan if we pull out same as Iraq . Can't help but be pessimistic on something that we ( U.S.) will have to take the lead. Lets pump our own dam oil at home and save lives.I'm done ranting.

radney

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 17, 2010
    Mandeviille
    I'd love to see the UN enforce a no-fly zone. Even if they did it would probably rally lots of Libyans to the Colonel's side.

We should stay the heck out and let them solve their own problems. The UN is trying to give the rebs an advantage here so they can possibly win.

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    JadeRaven Vietnam started with just sending over a few advisor's to the South Vietnam people in 1962 by 1965 we were at a full out war ,don't let anyone say it wasn't a war just as Korea Gulf war 1 & 2 are as well as Afghanistan .

"Or would it just be some other psychopaths who take over?" I believe you answered your own question . Just look at all the wars since WW2 we have stuck our nose in and for what , Democracy ? We are still fighting with N. Korea a peace treaty was never signed. No sir, I ain't having no part with another war we can't win .Truth is we will never see a true democracy in Afghanistan if we pull out same as Iraq . Can't help but be pessimistic on something that we ( U.S.) will have to take the lead. Lets pump our own dam oil at home and save lives.I'm done ranting.

Yes, this...let the third world dick taters go at it with ice picks if they want to...they can have everything from hero uniform competition to sorriest looking sunglasses contest.

We should have NO more skin in these games, secure ( completely ) our borders, drill our own oil, grow our own food. Isolationism is my new word. Separate the US especially from heathen led nations.

JadeRaven

Oh Snap
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Metairie
    Well for example we're not waging a war in Kosovo.

I also think we should stay out of other nation's affairs, but at the same time there is something to be said for global and regional stability too.

Mjolnir

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Unfortunately, the US has been - and still is - heathen-led for decades now...

This is an EU/NATO fiasco...who gets their oil from Libya??? Think about it...

JLouv

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Youngsville
    Each and every one of you missed the fine point of the question.

"Why is the US still part of the UN?"

The reason the UN was formed is long gone. Without the US, the UN would be even more meaningless and useless than it is right now. Basically, the way it seems to work is every country gets to vote on what the US military has to do next. Pardon my french, but phuck that.

The only nation that seriously wants this "no-fly zone" is France....So let them go get their asses shot off.

I'm no lover of hippies, but right now I'm thinking...."Wouldn't it be cool if they threw a war and nobody came?"

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bharden68
    Top Bottom