United States Postal Service issues

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lsufan1971

Rating - 100%
    121   0   0
    Jan 31, 2008
    Zachary,La
    I don't know if I have had just a string of bad luck or if they have it our for me but I have had 2 packages fail to get to me and 2 pieces of mail fail to reach their destination in the last 2 weeks.
    I have an envelope with a cashier's check bouncing all over Southern California. I won a auction on GunBroker and sent the guy funds. Granted he gave me the incrorrect zip code but it's been all over the place(rerouted 8 times) for 2 weeks and after numerous phone calls finally tracked it down Friday. Hopefully it will get to the correct address tomorrow.
    I placed an order wih Amazon last week and the tracking says it was delivered to my house on Saturday. Never arrived. I did a deal with a boardmemeber who sent me a priority package and same thing as the amazon package. It said it was deleivered on Saturday but never arrived.
    I mailed off a bill 2 weeks ago that never reched it's destination. I am going down to my local psot office and see what the hell is up. I am going to start using FEDEX or UPS from now on for all of my shipping needs.

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    I have season 8 of the TV show 24 floating around somewhere. A friend in Maryland sent it to me this Dec will be two years.

Pacioli

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    I am going down to my local psot office and see what the hell is up. I am going to start using FEDEX or UPS from now on for all of my shipping needs.

Good luck. I was at the Port Allen UPS facility this morning to complain about one of their drivers. I got exactly nowhere. UPS appears to have become as bad as the post office.

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    Good luck. I was at the Port Allen UPS facility this morning to complain about one of their drivers. I got exactly nowhere. UPS appears to have become as bad as the post office.

UPS might have just been pissed off because USPS is off today

bs875

Rating - 100%
    232   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    I placed an order wih Amazon last week and the tracking says it was delivered to my house on Saturday. Never arrived. I did a deal with a boardmemeber who sent me a priority package and same thing as the amazon package. It said it was deleivered on Saturday but never arrived.

It could be a few things but here are my top two.

1. The carrier may have taken it to an address similar to yours but not yours. Have you ever gotten mail for another address on a semi-regular basis? Like you're on Oak St but you sometimes get mail for Oakton St? I've had that many times.

2. The carrier just didn't feel like bringing it. I know for a fact a carrier will sometimes mark a package as delivered while it is really at the post office. It may get delivered tomorrow but I would call if it isn't. You can get the local post office number from the USPS website. It's best to call sooner rather than later so the management can talk with the carrier.

gonepecan

Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Oct 2, 2009
    Somewhere
    That happens to my customers a lot. Tracking says it was delivered, but nothing is at their house, nor is their a slip left at the door.

I tell them to go to their local PO, and they usually have it behind the counter. Try to do it fast though; if your package was shipped with Priority Mail or higher, they'll return to sender within a few days.

I_FLY_LOW

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 15, 2007
    Gonzales
    It could be a few things but here are my top two.

1. The carrier may have taken it to an address similar to yours but not yours. Have you ever gotten mail for another address on a semi-regular basis? Like you're on Oak St but you sometimes get mail for Oakton St? I've had that many times.

2. The carrier just didn't feel like bringing it. I know for a fact a carrier will sometimes mark a package as delivered while it is really at the post office. It may get delivered tomorrow but I would call if it isn't. You can get the local post office number from the USPS website. It's best to call sooner rather than later so the management can talk with the carrier.

Or #3, The carrier is a complete moron....
    I received 3 heavy boxes of something on my porch one day.
    I didn't recall ordering anything. Checked the address, and sure enough it was for a house caty cornered across the street from me.
    My column has large, clear numbers, as well as posted on the side of the mailbox for comparison...
    How do you F that up????
    I get neighbors' mail frequently, different ones, every time...

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    I have shipped now 3 holsters to a member on the board. None of them made it 70 miles down the road. To top it off they make you wait 30 days to file a claim on it even though it is guaranteed 2-3 day (and in a 1 day zone). USPS also can't seem to get a check from me to Uline. I sent the second one with tracking and gave the tracking # to Uline to prove I sent it.

Before is started buying lead by the ton USPS confirmed delivery of 70lbs of lead to my house. We couldn't file a claim on it since it was confirmed delivered. I told the guy selling I would take the loss since it wasn't his fault, two months later I get a phone call, the lead was delivered back to his house! He ended up sending me that box back and he had already shipped me about a 40lb box to sort of split the loss.

bs875

Rating - 100%
    232   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    To top it off they make you wait 30 days to file a claim on it even though it is guaranteed 2-3 day (and in a 1 day zone).

USPS Priority is in no way guaranteed. Only Express Mail has a delivery time guarantee. And you can only file a claim if you bought insurance so make sure to always do that.

lsufan1971

Rating - 100%
    121   0   0
    Jan 31, 2008
    Zachary,La
    I went to the Post Office this morning. Both of my packages were there. They said an attempt was made to deliver. I called ******** since I was home at the time and neither required signatures. I asked the supervisor if an attempt was made why did it say they were deleivered instead of attempt. He then tried to blame the computer system. The person that runs the route apparently didn't even come by on Saturday because I had an envelope in the mailbox with the flag up that they didn't pick up. Must be they thought the Holiday for Columbus day started on Friday afternoon.

Pacioli

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    impossible.

If you think so, go to the UPS distribution center in Port Allen. The UPS staff there rivals anything I've ever seen at the post office. My impression was that the post office has simply changed uniforms. The woman at the counter was unprofessional, disinterested, rude, doltish, uncooperative, arrogant, officious, and otherwise just a bitch. And she seemed to be among the upper rank of the rabble that kept meandering through to visit with her. And the customer area was dirty and disheveled. Only thing missing was posters hawking stamps.

Top Bottom