Unity Tactical 300BLK Bolt Gun Chassis

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • goteron

Unity Tactical
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    Houma, LA
    The chassis is complete and my SDN-6 was approved, I got to shoot it this weekend. The feeding problems resolved themselves, the gun just needed to be worked in a little bit. Its an awesome setup. With all of the interest, we will be putting it into production, as a Gen 2 design with some notable changes.

Photo Credit: Lee Alessi - Thanks for the help!

1-4.jpg

2-3.jpg

Cannot wait until its chopped to 9"

Last edited:

jmcrawf1

Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Madisonville
    I can't even put into words how cool this gun is in person. I didn't fully realize the allure of the 300BLK. .30 cal bullet and almost .22 quiet.

I was like :eek3:

slowhandlukem

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 28, 2011
    lafayette to Houston
    with a suppressor it is.Without one.it is loud as hell lol.Id say twice as loud as a 308.
    I think that is why the neighbors called in on me.They got a wittle scared lol...

I had ear protection on,which mine block about 90% of the noise.When I came back in
    the house,my wife ask me wth was that !!!! lol

I have since sold all of my 308s,,270s,,243,,,etc.It is one of the most accurate gun I
    have fired in many many years at 1-300 yards.After that of course the 270 takes over.
    I have no reason to be hunting or shooting over 300 yards ever in my life......

Last edited:

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    with a suppressor it is.Without one.it is loud as hell lol.Id say twice as loud as a 308.
    I think that is why the neighbors called in on me.They got a wittle scared lol...

I had ear protection on,which mine block about 90% of the noise.When I came back in
    the house,my wife ask me wth was that !!!! lol

I have since sold all of my 308s,,270s,,243,,,etc.It is one of the most accurate gun I
    have fired in many many years at 1-300 yards.After that of course the 270 takes over.
    I have no reason to be hunting or shooting over 300 yards ever in my life......

Huh?

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    It's subsonic and the loads use pistol powders. There is no way it's twice as loud as .308. Even if your shooting supers and we acknowledge that "loud" is a subjective thing.

pntbllr228

Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Right by LSU
    Super clean. Im honestly a huge fan of the magazine feed and the way the bipod folds into the stock, as well as the ace folder. That would be a killer rifle in 300BK, 5.56, or even .308 if one could make it work with .308 PMAGs or FAL mags.

Sin-ster

GM of 4 Letter Outbursts
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    This thing is slick. Super slick. It shoulders amazingly well, weighs almost nothing, and had a really good height to the optics while I was handling it.

Quiet with that suppressor is a gross understatement. I thought someone WAS shooting a suppressed .22 when goteron first cranked it up. I walked all the way down range and pulled my ear pro to get a better idea-- HOLY CRAP. Spectacular.

ETA-- It also made VG look super-cool in his marksman's seated platform. :rofl:

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    This thing is slick. Super slick. It shoulders amazingly well, weighs almost nothing, and had a really good height to the optics while I was handling it.

Quiet with that suppressor is a gross understatement. I thought someone WAS shooting a suppressed .22 when goteron first cranked it up. I walked all the way down range and pulled my ear pro to get a better idea-- HOLY CRAP. Spectacular.

ETA-- It also made VG look super-cool in his marksman's seated platform. :rofl:

I think I made IT look cool.

Ritten

SSST Mad Scientist
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Dec 8, 2007
    Thibodaux, Louisiana
    It's subsonic and the loads use pistol powders. There is no way it's twice as loud as .308. Even if your shooting supers and we acknowledge that "loud" is a subjective thing.

Is it an AAC brake or brake out adapter? That's probably what he's hearing and associating it with the cartridge instead of the brake.

What magazine does the chassis use? .223 AICS?

jmeng

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    What is the weight of the stock/chassis? Or, put it another way, how does the rifle weight compare to a similar profile barreled action in a typical McMillian stock?

Top Bottom