Unity Tactical 300BLK Bolt Gun Chassis

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tulse Luper

Besmirched!
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Metairie
    My fantasy of a long, incognito walk and elevator ride through an exclusive hotel while carrying a disassembled rifle, whose pieces nest perfectly in pick n' pluck foam, wholly contained in my Ferragamo briefcase just got a little closer to reality.

That's nice, and you made it.

Last edited:

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    My fantasy of a long, incognito walk and elevator ride through an exclusive hotel while carrying the pieces of a rifle, whose pieces nest perfectly in pick n' pluck foam, wholly contained in my Ferragamo briefcase just got a little closer to reality.

That nice, and you made it.

I never had Ferragamo but I may have taken that walk....

goteron

Unity Tactical
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    Houma, LA
    Thanks for the kind words. I am going to make it as light as possible.

Gen 2 will wear a Unity stock that fits the gun better, and be very light. My personal gun will have fluted bolt and as much weight savings on the Rx as possible.

The ATLAS could probably lose some weight as well.

jmeng

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Baton Rouge

jmeng

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Thanks for the kind words. I am going to make it as light as possible.

Gen 2 will wear a Unity stock that fits the gun better, and be very light. My personal gun will have fluted bolt and as much weight savings on the Rx as possible.

The ATLAS could probably lose some weight as well.

A couple pounds lighter and that could be the ideal youth rifle for a kid hunting out of deerstands. Folds up short enough that they don't have trouble getting into and out of the stand. For hunting you could probably trim a lot of weight with a lighter scope and mounts.

Ritten

SSST Mad Scientist
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Dec 8, 2007
    Thibodaux, Louisiana
    Not sure why anyone would want a 26" barrel on a .308.

Actually, if a guy was shooting 185-190gr bullets with a slow powder the extra length would be needed for decent velocities on long range distances out of a. 308. The whole point is to taylor the barrel length for it's intended use. A. 308 is versatile enough to be efficient in different configurations.

Sent from my Galaxy Note

goteron

Unity Tactical
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    Houma, LA
    What do you guys think should be a target weight for this. I obviously can't dictate weight of the barreled action. But would 24 ounces be a target.. With stock, grip, and forend, but no bipod?

jmeng

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    What do you guys think should be a target weight for this. I obviously can't dictate weight of the barreled action. But would 24 ounces be a target.. With stock, grip, and forend, but no bipod?

Would probably be good at 24oz. Puts you equal to the lightest stocks from McMillian and Banser and much lighter than any of the "tactical" style stocks.

goteron

Unity Tactical
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    Houma, LA
    Got to spend a little time with it today. I am NOT a bolt gun guy, nor do I really shoot anything precision.

I zereod at 50yds. Wind was 0-3mph full value. Off the bipod. Ammo was Remington 220g Factory Subsonic. Temp was 80.

I did not have a chrono.

5 shot group at 50 yards. The scope and shooter are very limiting.

I called one flyer.

Target3.jpg

Target2.jpg

Its absolutely shooting Sub MOA. I would like to run some supers through it, but I dont have any as of yet.

I am very happy with the performance. I think I will end up with the Leupold 1.5-5 300BLK scope before its all said and done.

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Matthew Nodier
    Top Bottom