University of Phoenix

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TehJackal

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    As others said stick to an accredited university's program. A lot of them have started to offer some degrees and a lot of classes online and they are way cheaper than the pay for degree programs like ITT and UOP. It wouldnt be too hard to take some classes online while you are away and then possibly finish back in the classroom later on. I mean anything coming closer to a degree is better than nothing but honestly stick to public universities and stay away from the private and especially unaccredited private cash schools!

TomTerrific

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    Centre, Ky
    If you are getting these hours to satisfy some requirement, you might oughta check with those making the requirements to see if UoP's courses meet them.

poor_shot

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 1, 2012
    NOLA
    In the IT world, a University of Phoenix is worth it's weight in toilet paper. We typically do not consider it a real degree as the people we've hired with said degree were pretty useless.
    It's hard to believe but my Director and Supervisor had degrees from UoP and BRCC, they were my BOSSES and I had two degrees from Tulane, a Bachelors and a Masters. Experience, networking, and tenure matter more to some companies. But I can say I am more marketable around the country and that's why I'm no longer in LA and working under those individuals.

Bullet

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 31, 2008
    New Orleans - Westbank
    Most universities are accredited regionally. In the case of UOP they are a member of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools. So it is accredited, but its accreditation seems to be in trouble per Newsweek Magazine. While UOP provides an education the university is a for-profit company. Got this off Wikipedia: *The University of Phoenix (UOPX) is an American for-profit institution of higher learning, headquartered in Phoenix, Arizona. It is a wholly owned subsidiary of Apollo Group Inc., a publicly traded (NASDAQ: APOL) S&P 500 Phoenix-based corporation that owns several for-profit educational institutions.*

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Gordoloco
    Top Bottom