Unknown trouble??

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Asc.rudeboy

Walmitfahrer tactical#103
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 14, 2008
    Has she gotten her gun back?

the only issue with the gun,
    after the court date and the bad guy was sentenced she went to pick up the pistol..the fire arm is in her husbands name they said "he" would have to go and get it,but they got devorced between the shooting and the trial,,,so the gun still sits in a locker waiting to be picked up,,,,,,,he just donst care to pick it up because he bought it for her...other then that she would have it back,but she couldnt get it before the court date.they had to hold it for evidence

GrumpyOldMan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Metairie
    the only issue with the gun,
    after the court date and the bad guy was sentenced she went to pick up the pistol..the fire arm is in her husbands name they said "he" would have to go and get it,but they got devorced between the shooting and the trial,,,so the gun still sits in a locker waiting to be picked up,,,,,,,he just donst care to pick it up because he bought it for her...other then that she would have it back,but she couldnt get it before the court date.they had to hold it for evidence

Now here is where I have a problem. They, the LEOs, took the gun from HER. It hasn’t been reported stolen. How in the hell does the gumment have the right to keep it? If you can’t PROVE it’s yours we keep it? BS! Prove it isn’t HERS or give it back. It was a gift! PROVE it wasn’t or give it back. Very easy to do. Ring ring… Mr. John Doe? Yes. Did you give your ex-wife said gun. Yes. Thank you. :mad:

nickatnite

Crybaby Hater...
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jun 27, 2007
    Prairieville, La
    Yeah, that is how it should be, but crooks are dumb, not stupid. they will try to make a scene look a different way. While you may not be booked, you can bet your ass that your case will be handled like a homicide until the DA feels that it is proven a SD shooting.

Some scenes are pretty obvious. Those are the ones where the guy makes a statement and spends the night in his bed. Of course, once the I-Lawyers clauses get invoked, then it is normally a ride to the station to wait on said I-Lawyer, then a formal statement is made, ophone book, rubber hoses, and bunny suits come out.

It's all fun and games until someone takes a slap from the yellow pages. :rofl:

Absolutely, and if your are legit, that is how it most likely will be, but some leo agencies will still follow all homicide protocol becasue that is what it is, a homicide.

DA will refuse charges when he sees the investigation.

Dood, it looks like you and I have had the same training somewhere in the past. True, you will most likely take a ride and be asked a bunch of questions.

The main thing to remember is that Law Enforcement is NOT the prosecutor here. There job is mainly to secure the scene, take notes and evidence of what occurred and then present them to the court system!!!
    Think about this, if it's your house and let's say the someone does break in and attacks you or your family and you have to use force. Whenever the police arrive and see what all is going on, how many of you would ask the Police to have the intruder arrested, even if he is dead? He is trespassing right? It might sound absurd; but, you can do it.

not sure if this was posted as I am not going to read everything, but we have a castle doctrine law in Louisiana that was passed a couple of years ago. I believe your friends have been misinformed.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Castle_Doctrine

Ahhh, the great Wikipedia link... You do know that a buch of people with NO experience keeps that updated? Still, even with the Castle Doctrine, EVERY BULLET THAT IS DISCHARGED FROM YOUR WEAPON IN SELF DEFENSE HAS A LAWYER ATTACHED TO IT. You are still going to be out of pocket money for court costs, hiring your own attorney, not to mention the mental and emotional toll that will be placed on your family.

Bearco

Instructor
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Covington
    Ahhh, the great Wikipedia link... You do know that a buch of people with NO experience keeps that updated? Still, even with the Castle Doctrine, EVERY BULLET THAT IS DISCHARGED FROM YOUR WEAPON IN SELF DEFENSE HAS A LAWYER ATTACHED TO IT. You are still going to be out of pocket money for court costs, hiring your own attorney, not to mention the mental and emotional toll that will be placed on your family.

It was posted for simple reference for those that do not know what castle doctrine is. I think by now everyone knows that wikipedia is not always fact. Thank you for pointing out the obvious. I guess you would choose to die or some of your family die b/c you are afraid of a how some scum lawyer will view it or how you will feel afterwards? I will choose the life of my loved ones or myself over the money that might have to be spent after the fact. This is the point of castle doctrine.

Here are links to the Acts enacted by Gov. Blanco
    Act 141 - Provides with respect to justification in the use of force, violence, or deadly force
    Act 786 - Provides for immunity from civil liability for use of force or violence in certain circumstances

bayoutrigger

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2008
    Alexandria, La.
    Let me get this straight. Someone breaks into my home, my use of deadly force to shoot the perpetrator is reasonable but the LEO arrests me. Should this happen I believe Charlton Heston will come back from the dead to bail me out.

Top Bottom