uspsa crew - Been drawing some stages. opinions?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nickatnite

Crybaby Hater...
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jun 27, 2007
    Prairieville, La
    What software/program are you using?

I like the chair also. We could actually take that one and have the competitor sitting facing the targets at all times but with a cell phone in his weak hand and engage ALL targets strong hand only.

Call it, "Can you hear me now"???

nickatnite

Crybaby Hater...
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jun 27, 2007
    Prairieville, La
    Ok...

Here ya go, call it "What tha?"
    Standing at table, with your back turned to the targets. The weapon is empty with 1st mag on table.

At buzzer, shooter then turns to face targets, loads weapon, engages 3 pepper poppers and 2 round plates, reloads and engages T1 - T5 with 2 shots strong hand only.

He then transitions to stage 2, reloads, engages targets T6 - T-13 and PP1, PP2. The last 3 peppers are positioned tallest to smallest and center target T-14 is last shot.

jo6gceq4t2we9efe31v.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

scooterj

Stupid is 'posed to hurt
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 14, 2008
    LaPlace
    Ok...

Here ya go, call it "What tha?"
    Standing at table, with your back turned to the targets. The weapon is empty with 1st mag on table.

At buzzer, shooter then turns to face targets, loads weapon, engages 3 pepper poppers and 2 round plates, reloads and engages T1 - T5 with 2 shots strong hand only.

He then transitions to stage 2, reloads, engages targets T6 - T-13 and PP1, PP2. The last 3 peppers are positioned tallest to smallest and center target T-14 is last shot.

1st, all the things in bold above are not legal in a comstock stage. Reloads and order of engagement cannot be mandated. Once "strong hand only" is specified, the rest of the course must be shot that way.

The layout of the stage would need to be rearranged. As it is drawn, shooters would be forced to break the "180 Rule".

This being said, it could be worked into a good stage.

nickatnite

Crybaby Hater...
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jun 27, 2007
    Prairieville, La
    1st, all the things in bold above are not legal in a comstock stage. Reloads and order of engagement cannot be mandated. Once "strong hand only" is specified, the rest of the course must be shot that way.

The layout of the stage would need to be rearranged. As it is drawn, shooters would be forced to break the "180 Rule".

This being said, it could be worked into a good stage.

With that program, it's weird to draw everything and show how I was trying to set it up. When you are looking at it from that angle, it just doesn;t show as well as the other program. We DEFINITELY would not be breaking the 180 rule.

I gotcha on the comstock and Virginia now. I got a copy of what Spanky is using and I'll see if I can draw it out better. I've got some other courses in mind also.

dmh

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Doing very well dude. You and I need to sit down with my big daddy course book so you can get a handle on what's legal and not allowed. Intentions are great, courses show creativity and good ideas, looks like you're well on your way. Maybe folks will think you're more devious/evil than me soon enough.:mamoru:

nickatnite

Crybaby Hater...
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jun 27, 2007
    Prairieville, La
    Doing very well dude. You and I need to sit down with my big daddy course book so you can get a handle on what's legal and not allowed. Intentions are great, courses show creativity and good ideas, looks like you're well on your way. Maybe folks will think you're more devious/evil than me soon enough.:mamoru:

Ok,
    I went back to the program on how I know to use best, Power Point and modified that 1st course I posted.

When moving to box # 2, the barrels are NOT at the 180 degree, but you will have to work to get those good shots just to the left and right of the center.

I've also renamed it "Shake and Bake". I guarantee that you COULD be fuming at this lay out! The shooter would still start with empty gun laying on the table. I also added 3 targets in front of the table that would be sitting at a 45 deg on top of the ground!

dmh

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    You and Jeremy are doing really well. The only snag is the way the P.Point one looks you would have to explain it to the setup crew. I use a different version that works well for me but the 3D has some advantages. May need to step up and learn to use that one, unless we get some new guys with a lot of drive that are willing to take on some officer slots in the club! Maybe then I could learn to relax, but I doubt it.:D

nickatnite

Crybaby Hater...
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jun 27, 2007
    Prairieville, La
    May need to step up and learn to use that one, unless we get some new guys with a lot of drive that are willing to take on some officer slots in the club!

It's gonna be a slow night here at work, so I will be in full learn mode on the program Spanky sent to me. I should have it learned by the morning...

scooterj

Stupid is 'posed to hurt
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 14, 2008
    LaPlace
    Keep it up Nick, this one only needs a couple tweeks but pretty good. Print them out and bring to the next match and one of us can give you a few pointers. It takes a while to know makes a legal stage or not.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jbruning
    Top Bottom