Vandals and meth heads **** me off

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mac204

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 6, 2010
    CenLa
    I have a windsock that looks like a bass and an American flag flying on a pole on my tree in the front yard. This morning I came out to find both fish and flag a puddle of molten polyester on the ground. Some low life sob set them both alight some time late last night. Called the arson investigator and he said it was probably juvies. I thought so too, until I talked with my neighbors. Found out a drug house was operating secretly down the road. Now, I live in a good neighborhood. The arson investigator said this was the first time he has ever been called to this neighborhood for something like this. Found out also that the local PD has beeb calling people in this neighborhood about a group of people breaking into cars and whatnot. I have adt and motion lights and am thinking about security cameras. Any advice?:squint:

del4

All around nice guy.
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 22, 2009
    Walker
    Choot 'em!

Nah, it sounds like your on the right track. That was a close call them lighting something in a tree by your house. I have the same problem here. Some little snots pryed the letters off of the sign in front of my subdivision. Instead of Stone Ridge Crossing it says one ridge crossing on one side and Ridge corssing on the other.

SGT_Kramer

Knuckle Buster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 23, 2010
    Ball
    Make sure you have a gun safe or look into getting one. That is a pretty crappy but these days all too common of a situation. Security cameras don't sound like a bad idea. I got a Great Dane and most the kids won't walk by my house even though it's secured. Great Dane not a cheap solution though. Hopefully they will get busted and clean area back up but it usally takes time to get anything to stick to people that operate places like that it seems. Best advice is probably just to keep your cool remember to secure all valuables as much as possible and keep an eye out. People around drug houses tend to do things or screaming things for everyone to hear worth calling the police about pretty often and maybe get rid of them. Reason I say this is drug people moved next to my mother and no crap I hear this guy in his 30's hollar out the door at his kids and thier friends *YOU KIDS GET BACK IN HERE BEFORE SOMEONE SEE"S YOUR ^%$$$%^ WITH MY CRYSTAL* yep yep I called the cops and they got busted that time... win win

TomTerrific

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    Centre, Ky
    I would think the miscreants in the hosue down the street would not want to draw attention to themselves by doing something juvenile like burning your flag and wind sock. It is to their advantage that the neighborhood is peaceful.
    :squint:

Mac204

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 6, 2010
    CenLa
    I would think the miscreants in the hosue down the street would not want to draw attention to themselves by doing something juvenile like burning your flag and wind sock. It is to their advantage that the neighborhood is peaceful.

That's rational thinking...druggiee typically lack that ability...

03protege

#1 Stevel Spell II fan
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    Mandeville

I would have to agree with this. I don't know which druggie stereotype to apply here but I can't see any of them going around burning flags and windsocks. Well maybe the flag, but not an innocent windsock

lost

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Pineville
    That's rational thinking...druggiee typically lack that ability...

My experience has been that most of them will not do anything to draw police attention to their neighborhood, most of the time. We have had PPD bust several people on the next block over and if you didn't see the traffic at the house and alot of late night activity, you would never think the guys were dealing. Always quiet around here. The first time I knew something was going on was when 5 police cars and several motorcycles came flying threw blocking off all of the streets and making an arreston a warrant. Dogs won't usually crap where they sleep if given a choice.

Mac204

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 6, 2010
    CenLa
    Happened again. Today getting another fish, another flag, and a deer camera. Then someone's paying me for all those fish and flags!

3fifty7

CoonAss
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Bunkie
    Good IR camera that doesnt flash and will e-mail you pics so you are not walking up to it daily.

BTW that really sucks

johnnyb333

vermicious knid
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2011
    Mandeville, La
    You have to keep us informed when you catch the bastards. I am no expert, but I don't think its the crack heads down the street either. I think its a case of bored little shits in the neighborhood, the same kind that throw toilet paper in the trees etc. Now, if you end up with a break in or people start having things stolen, then I would look at the crack house for sure.

returningliberty

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 8, 2009
    Hammond, LA
    Just get a big dog man. Much better if you get two, they bark more. My Aussie and pit/hound mix let me know if anything is around, and if people get in the yard they go crazy. I caught some dude trespassing and fishing around a little after midnight once because the dogs Woke me up. I opened the door and the dogs took off like two ass seeking teeth missiles.
    I swear, nothing is more satisfying than seeing a trespasser stranded op top of his truck Begging to be allowed to leave. Dogs = no more replacing fish and flags.

Rhinoclad

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    MONTGOMERY, LA
    Happened again. Today getting another fish, another flag, and a deer camera. Then someone's paying me for all those fish and flags!
    Make sure you get an IR camera because we had a victim put a regular one up and they stole the camera the second time. License plate numbers and descriptions of your suspects wouldn't hurt either. If you or people like you don't stand up against these low life's, who will. They are stealing us blind up here and nobody see's anything. Take charge and be safe

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    Pack the fish full with firecrackers and wake up the whole neighborhood when they try again. Maybe one of the neighbors will think its gunfire and shoot back... :)

lost

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Pineville
    From some of your other posts it sounds like you are in or very near really nice neighborhoods. My bet is on well off, bored punks in the area. We had some of those burn down one of our Boy Scout buildings and only caught them because one dropped his wallet while they were running away (His dad was actually part of one of the Alex fire depts). Time for an IR cam and set them up with a new flag and windsock as bait.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    1bullseyebum
    Top Bottom