Vehicle tint laws for civilians vs government vehicles

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Probably because of your employer.

ETA - I answered this while I was doing something else. After reading it again, I see I misread your post.

Still the answer is basically the same.

If one does not meet the medical requirements to get an exemption, he does not get one, unless he is a government employee because obviously government employees are God and they can see much better than everyone else. However, that medical exemption is still available to anyone, should they become unfortunate enough to need it and fortunate enough to actually be approved for it.
    Oh, just like how Federal Agents are "God" and can carry firearms on airplanes, unlike you?

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    I think I'd feel safer knowing that everyone on that plane had a firearm. So, yes.

Oh hell no. I would never fly again if that was the case. Too many things to go wrong in a confined space zooming through the skies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    Oh hell no. I would never fly again if that was the case. Too many things to go wrong in a confined space zooming through the skies.

Come on now, you don't trust your fellow brothers and sisters much, do you?

Ridiculous questions call for ridiculous answers.
    Comparing one of the most extreme circumstances to one on the complete opposite end of the spectrum is, ridiculous.

Guns on planes, rocket launchers, nukes; gotta go to some extreme examples to justify why civilians shouldn't have window tint on their vehicles.

Gun grabbers use that same old line because their argument is weak. "Well the government has nukes and rocket launchers, so you must think everyone should have nukes and drive around with them in public."

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    However, that medical exemption is still available to anyone, should they become unfortunate enough to need it and fortunate enough to actually be approved for it.

You keep contradicting yourself. You keep saying it's available to everyone but then change it to being available to the group of people who meet the requirement. You're trying to change reality to fit your opinion. That's not how things should work. The medical exemption is not for everyone. The medical exemption is only for the group of people who have the medical condition. You're trying to say it's available to everyone because the possibility exists they could develop the medical condition. But that logic defeats your entire rant. The leo exception must then also by available to everyone because they could become an leo.

You're ok with an exemption meant for a limited number of people while also claiming that an exemption meant for a limited number of people is a bad thing. To try to claim both at the same time suggests either a difficulty with rational thinking or a dislike for the group whose exemption you dislike.

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    I don't know exactly where the line should be drawn on civilian rights vs government rights, although I do believe the guys who wrote the constitution were a lot smarter than me so I'm sure, going by what they say is probably my best bet. That said, I believe, if that line does exist, it should not exist anywhere near tinted windows on public highways.

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    You keep contradicting yourself. You keep saying it's available to everyone but then change it to being available to the group of people who meet the requirement. You're trying to change reality to fit your opinion. That's not how things should work. The medical exemption is not for everyone. The medical exemption is only for the group of people who have the medical condition. You're trying to say it's available to everyone because the possibility exists they could develop the medical condition. But that logic defeats your entire rant. The leo exception must then also by available to everyone because they could become an leo.

You're ok with an exemption meant for a limited number of people while also claiming that an exemption meant for a limited number of people is a bad thing. To try to claim both at the same time suggests either a difficulty with rational thinking or a dislike for the group whose exemption you dislike.
    I'm not for any exemptions in the fact that I do not believe an exemption should be required in the first place.

Unfortunately, an application for exemption is needed for someone with a medical condition.

Unfortunately, there is a whole other group of people that are not required to apply for an exemption because their employer is capable of giving that exemption regardless of what I think.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I'm not for any exemptions in the fact that I do not believe an exemption should be required in the first place.

Unfortunately, an application for exemption is needed for someone with a medical condition.

Unfortunately, there is a whole other group of people that are not required to apply for an exemption because their employer is capable of giving that exemption regardless of what I think.
    Again, you don't like that you don't get a say with one group but you seem ok with not getting a say with another group.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Plain and simple. Nobody is special. Cop or not. There needs to be a level playing field.

giphy.gif

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Plain and simple. Nobody is special. Cop or not. There needs to be a level playing field.
    Right, and we should allow any John Doe on the street to write prescriptions that any pharmacy must honor. Screw the whole four years of med school and a ton of years in a residency.

Different professions come with different perks. Many things in life require certifications to buy/do/sell.

Being LE gets you some perks that your everyday Joe does not get.

KDerekT83

Hobbyist
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Right, and we should allow any John Doe on the street to write prescriptions that any pharmacy must honor. Screw the whole four years of med school and a ton of years in a residency.

Different professions come with different perks. Many things in life require certifications to buy/do/sell.

Being LE gets you some perks that your everyday Joe does not get.
    I'm sorry. I'm gonna call it like it see it since nobody else will. I've noticed just by posts on this site, your **** don't stink, you know everything, and you're a general arrogant ass. Yes, alot of times you are right about a few different things, yet I've noticed you've been completely off base about alot too. It irks my damn nerves, but are you really trying to say that just because a cop is a cop, thats it ok for him to break laws that he can't ticket or arrest us for? Your little comparison was a little extreme. I mean really? What do you do for a living that you're such a kiss ass to others?

KDerekT83

Hobbyist
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Sorry. Perks are one thing, but getting treated completely different about abiding by or breaking a law, whether it be speeding or otherwise is not acceptable. Do I respect cops, for the most part, yes... But I don't accept that they can break traffic laws when not in pursuit of a suspect/criminal. **** that. A cops fart stinks just like mine. Cops are nothing effin special at the end of the day. I talk to them like anyone other swingin cok. Talk to me with respect, I'll do the same, you turn into a coky prick, it's time to start a measuring contest, cause I'ma make your day as rough as I can within legal limits.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Sorry. Perks are one thing, but getting treated completely different about abiding by or breaking a law, whether it be speeding or otherwise is not acceptable. Do I respect cops, for the most part, yes... But I don't accept that they can break traffic laws when not in pursuit of a suspect/criminal. **** that. A cops fart stinks just like mine. Cops are nothing effin special at the end of the day. I talk to them like anyone other swingin cok. Talk to me with respect, I'll do the same, you turn into a coky prick, it's time to start a measuring contest, cause I'ma make your day as rough as I can within legal limits.

giphy.gif

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    Are you really that mad NOPD turned you down? I’m not gonna dig up old post but without a doubt you became more negative towards law enforcement once that happened. Shouldn’t you be happy they have such a high standard and don’t take just anyone like people think they do?

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Are you really that mad NOPD turned you down? I’m not gonna dig up old post but without a doubt you became more negative towards law enforcement once that happened. Shouldn’t you be happy they have such a high standard and don’t take just anyone like people think they do?

I don’t remember this story but I knew there had to be a reason. I’d like to know why NOPD turned someone away.

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    I don’t remember this story but I knew there had to be a reason. I’d like to know why NOPD turned someone away.

Some of the post are gone but I’d bet Mods have access to them. And honestly I don’t remember the details but I remember him being really excited about it then being bummed when it didn’t work out.

Every department is different but most people have no clue the checks and balances LE departments have in place. The job is so much different than most people realize.

KDerekT83

Hobbyist
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Actually I'm kind of happy I got turned down now that I've had time to think about it Made me realize it would've been a mistake. I do however associate with a few people that are officers, and I do respect them, as associates. I'm sorry. They aren't special. They **** like anyone else. They are just doing a job. I'm a automotive technician that works on race cars on a regular basis, but I don't get special treatment when I go to the track. Because I'm not special. Same goes for LEO.

KDerekT83

Hobbyist
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

Because of a contact made with a LPSO officer that decided to lie on a AAR about a contact he made with me trying to push a felony charge. I was able to prove in court he lied on the report.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bbroussard
    Top Bottom