Vehicle tint laws for civilians vs government vehicles

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    I check in every couple of months and this place is still the same.

Oh, I just got my security exemption approved for the outlaw tint too.

Congrats, and yes, still the same Bayoushooter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

AdvancedLaser

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 15, 2021
    Covington, Louisiana
    Perhaps the American Bar Association then:

In your spare time research reasonable suspicion. Rodriguez is well established and all cops are trained in it, especially K-9. In Rodriguez the officer clearly admitted he didnt have reasonable suspicion for the K-9 sweep. THATS why the case was reversed (Or remanded, I dont remember how they sent it back). If he had reasonable suspicion then the amount of time is null.

You are just googling without knowing what you are talking about, because you read the headline and not the entire ruling.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    There is a notorious Border Patrol Checkpoint in the SW, on I-10 or 20, where my friend and I supposedly alerted their dog (It just walked by like any other time through). They sat us down inside their office, searched the car, and when they came in a minute later they were celebrating and laughing. One of the agents held up my canister of Baking Soda, shook it gently, and smiled at me. "What is this!?", I said it was Baking Soda for brushing my teeth, "OK, we'll see!" My friend and I were laughing amongst ourselves about it, because it was Baking Soda for brushing my teeth. They started talking and came out, what seemed like 5 minutes later, with their heads hanging low and waved us out the door. The agent that shook the canister said "have a nice night" and never made eye contact with me. We laughed about it but it wasn't funny. It was 3am and 2 white men with beards were in a car full of small leather cases and duffels, one of the guys looked like Buddy Christ. If you're going on stereotypes that would be a reasonably safe bet.

Asset forfeiture drives a lot of corruption, has for a long time, and there are a lot of stories and lawsuits over it. They have mostly targeted people who travel with large amounts of cash, or who they may think is doing so, often veterans and immigrants. It's everything though, from rings to cars and houses. What is one person out of hundreds of thousands or millions of contacts? Some of those corrupt people have ruined a lot of lives, and maybe even saved a lot of lives in the scope of their duties, but it's not like all of the corrupt people are void of virtue or virtuous acts. There are people who do both great and horrible things at different times, and sometimes simultaneously. Sometimes someone goes all out and is satisfied with what they make, sometimes they go all out and skim some reward off the top. It's not right on any level, it is corrupt, and it shows the inherent flaw in power through Authoritarianism. Most people mean no harm and are decent, but positions of power tend to attract self interested people and power makes people self interested through the fear of losing power. No one wants a pay cut. The world is complicated, so are people.

I always side with Liberty, because I'd rather a bad guy get away than a good person get harmed. We are not supposed to live in a safe or secure world, we are supposed to make it so through our actions as individuals. We use the tools discussed on this forum and our minds to make it so. We make this world a good place through our actions, not through laws. Upon the spark of life we are instilled with Rights, by Nature's God (the name of the source in the Declaration of Independence), and the Bill of Rights defines limitations on Government, not limitations of the Rights of the People. The Constitution has been butchered, but our Principles do not have to be. God is on the side of Liberty as well, by the very nature of our Free-Will.

View attachment 123561

giphy.gif

gunz4me

Target Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 14, 2006
    Lafayette
    My exemption expired and I need to renew it. I was, however, pulled over with the exemption by a certain officer on Kaliste Saloom Road in Lafayette several times. I even asked him if he was on a fishing expedition being anything found in a tint stop for someone with an exemption may prove problematic in court.

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    I believe that there is no reason to demand that we have a clear view into any law abiding person's vehicle.
    Anyone pulled over for something may not be law abiding, they are SCUM and I need to see their HANDS HANDS HANDS!

Just kidding, but that really is the argument against dark tint for the general public.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Anyone pulled over for something may not be law abiding, they are SCUM and I need to see their HANDS HANDS HANDS!

Just kidding, but that really is the argument against dark tint for the general public.

giphy.gif

Fordfella

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2018
    Lafayette, Louisiana
    Does anyone believe that people have the same, or even close to the same, expectation of privacy in their car as they do in their domicile?
    Yes, some people do! I was asked if I had the drivers permission to post dashcam video of someone acting like an idiot. I explained I had explicit written permission, and had it for a long long time. 1792 to be exact. I caught a Karen in her natural habitat today demanding that I, and everyone else in the McDonalds drive through back up because they messed up her order and wanted to get back to the window.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Yes, some people do! I was asked if I had the drivers permission to post dashcam video of someone acting like an idiot. I explained I had explicit written permission, and had it for a long long time. 1792 to be exact. I caught a Karen in her natural habitat today demanding that I, and everyone else in the McDonalds drive through back up because they messed up her order and wanted to get back to the window.

Where were you posting it and how did they know?

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Without any further information, you seem to be claiming that people have the same, or even close to the same, expectation of privacy in their car as they do in their domicile simply because some other person asked a question.

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    Does anyone believe that people have the same, or even close to the same, expectation of privacy in their car as they do in their domicile?
    Depending…. Am I parked on private property OR out on a road/highway?

Personally I feel driving on a public road is a privilege not a right so it’s hard for me to call any traffic laws unjust.

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    Ok. Does you believe that people have the same, or even close to the same, expectation of privacy in their car as they do in their domicile?
    I'm failing to understand what one's home has to do with one's vehicle, they are not one in the same. This has been discussed many times already. You asked a question, I gave an answer.

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    Personally I feel driving on a public road is a privilege not a right so it’s hard for me to call any traffic laws unjust.

Let's see you keep that same energy when they start limiting your use of your vehicle because of a poor social credit score or because you have exceeded your limit on your carbon footprint. When that time comes, remember, it's a privilege, not a right.

Your statement reminds me of the covid mandates. None of them made a lick of sense to people that had the mental fortitude to know better but we still had all these people saying things like, "well being in a grocery store is a privilege, not a right".

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    Let's see you keep that same energy when they start limiting your use of your vehicle because of a poor social credit score or because you have exceeded your limit on your carbon footprint. When that time comes, remember, it's a privilege, not a right.

Your statement reminds me of the covid mandates. None of them made a lick of sense to people that had the mental fortitude to know better but we still had all these people saying things like, "well being in a grocery store is a privilege, not a right".
    A grocery store is private property : I disagree with the government forcing the property owner to enforce things like mask mandates or even non smoking rules (I’m a non smoker but I believe a store owner should be allowed to run it as he/she sees fit and people will either spend money there or not).

If my driving is revoked for any reason I will risk driving without a DL or find a ride, just like when I was young and liked dark tint I paid the fines and pulled tint when asked to (never once complained about the law). On a side note I used really cheap tint on my windshield and front doors and just learned to apply it myself (not very hard). Now days I just go with the flow and with all the crazy laws on the books I still enjoy life and never get harassed by LEOs. Looking at other countries and how they live I personally feel blessed to be in the USA.

Top Bottom