Vibram FiveFingers KSO ?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dbolemiss

Rebel Fan
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    New Iberia,LA
    Anybody wearing the Vibram FiveFingers KSO ? I've been reading alot of good things on them. Wondering how they fit ? I'm Wanting to order a pair but I'm offshore for another week and think it would be best to try these on first.
    Anyone know of a place selling them around Lafayette?
    They say they are as close to going barefoot as you can get, which is right up my alley,lol.

Vibram-Fivefingers-KSO-Shoes-Five-fingers-Black.jpg

USMC-Deano

Baby Eagle FTW
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2011
    Oceanside, CA
    I've loved these things since I first saw them in 08 or 09, but I've never been afforded the opportunity to try them and a certain someone who is very close to me keeps telling me they won't be seen in public with me if I'm wearing them. From what I understand, they are pretty much like going barefoot, only with a sole.

mikepizz

LA CHP INSTRUCTOR # 308
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Maurepas, LA
    I have two pair. KSO trek sports and Komodos. Back packers sells them. I love mine. They are designed to simulate barefoot walking which in turn helps strengthen foot muscles, lower leg muscles to eleviate lower extremity and joint pain.

pyreaux

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 5, 2009
    BRLA
    Saw you mentions ordering them, everything i've seen and every one i know that has them reccomends trying them on as the sizing is difficult and varies even between their own models

Tulse Luper

Besmirched!
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Metairie
    I wore Tevas for a while in college. I'd purposely not wash them. They got to a point were there was at least a good millimeter of foot-juice infused scum on the surface of the sandals; you could scrape the cream off with an index card it was so thick. I promise you they reeked something fierce!

I'd go to class and sit in the middle of the room. All I had to do was wiggle my toes and arch my instep to send out a waft of Eau-de-Tulse-Pied. A three desk circumference would take it in the face. If the air was on, the range could go up to five desks. The faces my classmates made were priceless.

I was really fascinated by how badly my feet stunk back then. I wanted to see how far I could take it. I didn't ever wash my Tevas. If you're into testing the limits of how foul you can get a pair of sandals, I now recall the substance that made an excellent medium for moisture and bacteria to do their thing. It was drywall dust. I was helping a friend redo his house at the time. We had taped and floated the seams and started to sand. The dust from sanding was really fine, like talcum powder. The dust coated my Tevas. My sandals stunk badly beforehand, but that coating of drywall dust really accelerated things; my girlfriend refused me sex. I mentioned above the scum-coating (which was actually sort of moist loam, comprised of drywall dust, fine dirt, and common detritus), was about one millimeter thick on the surface of my Tevas; however, that was just a guess. What I really wanted to do at time, but never got around to doing so, was roughly quantify the loamy layer’s thickness. I thought about those guys at Sears Automotive Center. Some of those guys have a gauge that's used to check how much tread is left on balding tires. I figured if could borrow one of those gauges and it would give a relative depth measurement of the build-up on my Tevas.

My new sandals, the cheap pair I’ve been bumming around the house in, smell fine. I guess it was just a body phase.

I imagine those FiveFinges could produce some real stink.

Last edited:

swagge1

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge, LA
    To the OP, are you a runner? What type of activities are you planning on doing with these shoes? Most of the runners that I know who switched to those shoes said that it really puts a hurtin on your calves until you get used to them. They force you to run on the balls of your feet not allowing your heel to strike. Personally I am curious of these shoes myself, but not enough to try them.

dbolemiss

Rebel Fan
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    New Iberia,LA
    To the OP, are you a runner? What type of activities are you planning on doing with these shoes? Most of the runners that I know who switched to those shoes said that it really puts a hurtin on your calves until you get used to them. They force you to run on the balls of your feet not allowing your heel to strike. Personally I am curious of these shoes myself, but not enough to try them.

Nope, not any running here. I just like the feel of barefeet and some places dont like it when I show up like that,lol (I really should get in to it, and this might help).

Tulsa, I did the Tevas for a while myself, but I think I pushed my birkenstock a little futher.

#1bambam

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Oct 14, 2007
    The Nasty New Orleans.
    I love mine and they dont stink because they are machine washable then hang to dry.Then they are like brand new.You want to go to a store to get a pair.You want them to fit right and snug.Mine makes my knee fell like brand new when I wear them.

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    Those things will work your calves too, lordddddd I went running in mines and I hurted like I had been ran over by a train.

If you plan to do some running get the ones that have the ruff texture sole, mines are smooth and it hurts when you step on rocks while you run.

kz45

1911 cool-aid drinker
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    I wear mine everywhere, work in them, shoot match's in them, I could care less what anyone thinks about how they look, I love how they feel, thats what matters

Speedlace

LOL...right?
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2007
    Be careful, Fivefingers are not for everyone. These aren't custom fit shoes and a lot of people find them uncomfortable.

Since they are hella thin they provide NO protection for instep and toes, and only a couple of millimeters on the bottom.

You might also have to change the way you walk and run. You'll no longer have a padded heel and the "roll" of the toes.

Over the past year "minimalist" shoes have been selling like crazy and I think it will bottom out when most of those people end up hurting selves more than helping.:P
    Those things will work your calves too, lordddddd I went running in mines and I hurted like I had been ran over by a train.
    How and where do you run?

It's possible you are creating stress fractures in your legs and feet, a problem barefoot runners are coming into.

:)

Last edited:

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    How and where do you run?

It's possible you are creating stress fractures in your legs and feet, a problem barefoot runners are coming into.

:)

I usually run 2 miles of asphalt and then a couple of miles of Levee road, reasson why I stopped using this shoes as they provided NO protection once I was on the levee, I still use minimalist shoes but the cross country shoes from puma with the small little spikes and those seem to work better.

Bearco

Instructor
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Covington
    I picked up a pair last week after trying out barefoot running. I've only used them to run in. Immediately, I no longer landed on my heels. This took the pain from chin-splints away. My calves are still burning. It is a work out in itself getting them on; mainly my pinky toe. I'm thinking about daily use of them.

stinkysix

Rating - 97.9%
    46   1   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Denham Springs
    I have the urban camo ones and love them, i do a 4-5 mile walk 4 times a week in them. Masseys in Baton Rouge has a huge selection and you really need to try them on first.

charliepapa

Clandestine Sciuridae
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Jul 12, 2009
    Prairieville
    I wore Tevas for a while in college. I'd purposely not wash them. They got to a point were there was at least a good millimeter of foot-juice infused scum on the surface of the sandals; you could scrape the cream off with an index card it was so thick. I promise you they reeked something fierce!

I'd go to class and sit in the middle of the room. All I had to do was wiggle my toes and arch my instep to send out a waft of Eau-de-Tulse-Pied. A three desk circumference would take it in the face. If the air was on, the range could go up to five desks. The faces my classmates made were priceless.

tumblr_lfwvemCI401qcezjco1_400.png

Top Bottom