Viet Nam War Veterans Day.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Today is Viet Nam War Veterans Day.
    God Bless Everyone that served during this period of time.

CatCam

Ready, Shoot, Aim!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    Yes - Damn shame they were not greeted as war hero's when they came back home.

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    They really did deserve better. The way they were treated made me feel a little angry after I was given a hero’s welcome after my first deployment.

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Yep, Salute to those who severed whether they wanted too or not !!!

Got an old dude down the street that was a Marine rifleman over there, He's like Hell yeah I killed men, women and children, and would do it again.

The Vietcong used them like a soldier every chance they got.

drill sgt

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 19, 2019
    denham springs ,la
    Let us never forget those that served during these times....Myself did not serve in country during this time but did serve (1969-1970) in Korea on/in/around the DMZ area. Several times had to experience small arms fire directed towards the US Army troops ( US troops not allowed to return fire eventhough we were locked and loaded). More as harassment. Several times was less than 3ft distance from the actual piece of white cloth tape strip stretched between metal fence post marking the actual boundry line between North / South Korea and had I crossed that line that I would have been shot by snipers...... When returning back to the United States (April 1970) we were told to travel in civilian clothes due to the anti war protesters. Well I traveled in uniform and was spit on and called not so nice names in the airports of Seattle/Denver/Houston/New Orleans/Baton Rouge. Gave 9 1/2 years active duty and wife gave 8 1/2 years active duty US Army....... God bless our troops be they past/present/future. ............................................................................................... drill sgt.

Last edited:

tallwalker

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 24, 2012
    Covington, LA
    Unfortunately I can relate drill sgt. I was right behind you in the USAF and experienced the same. Spit on, squirted with mustard and called yellow right outside the NO airport of all places. A test of patience for a young man that I have never forgotten but glad I learned and has served me well since. Still proud.

God Bless all who serve (all 2% of the population).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

drill sgt

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 19, 2019
    denham springs ,la
    In addition to post #6 on that day at the Seattle/Tacoma airport arrived late and missed flight. Had bought my ticket on Kimpo Air Force Base in Korea prior to leaving the country and having to wait about 2 hours for the next flight. Concerning the not so friendly welcome home myself and 3 other uniform soldiers were approached by a greyhaired senior citizen and I began to think that here goes another not so friendly encounter but was supprised when he said that he had seen the 2nd Infantry Division patches on the uniform sleeve and saying he had served with during WWII and before we knew what had happened he bought all 4 of us breakfast. Sort of took some of the edge off of the bad feelings. One of these fellow soldiers was traveling to New Orleans and paid full fare price for his ticket and I paid 1/3 fare (military standby== subject to being bumped off flight for a full price passenger) but since this was a mid week day we sat side by side for entire trip. ....................................................................................... drill sgt.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom