VT: "Top" Correctional Academy director tazered

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Speedlace

LOL...right?
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2007
    You'd think some that helps train officers would know better.

Cops were WAY too kind, they were about to give him a ride home.:rofl:

::NWS:: Language
    [YOUTUBE]G_LRdvCDfHo[/YOUTUBE]
    Corrections trainer seeks reinstatement

After apologizing to the court and the Brandon Police last week, the head of the Vermont Correctional Academy said he hoped to overcome his bad behavior and a pair of misdemeanor convictions to keep his job.

“I wish as I did shortly after the offense to apologize,” 49-year-old Barry Mulcahy said after pleading guilty in Rutland District Court to drunken driving and disorderly conduct. “I take responsibility for my shameful behavior that night and I can assure you, you won't see me here again. With this decision, I will begin negotiating for what I hope will be a return to my employment.”

State Corrections officials said they can't talk about those negotiations or the likelihood that Mulcahy, who has been on administrative leave since his arrest on Nov. 11, 2009, could return to the academy.

“Barry has the right to respond to any misconduct charges,” said Heather Simons, principal assistant to the commissioner of Corrections and the academy's overseer. “That disciplinary hearing hasn't happened yet.”

Neither Mulcahy nor his attorney could be reached by Sunday.

One thing that's sure to factor into that process is a videotape of Mulcahy's arrest for drunken driving which Brandon Police made public after his guilty pleas in court.

The 37-minute video, which Simons said she has seen, shows police booking Mulcahy, as well as an angry confrontation that ended with police using a Taser to subdue the Corrections official.

“You wanna know how we (expletive) play it?” Mulcahy shouts at a trio of officers near the end of the video. “You wanna shot? Take it.”

Mulcahy, who was calm and even polite throughout most of his booking, can be seen growing increasingly frustrated with the length of the process and refusals to his request for a break to smoke his pipe.

Brandon Sgt. Charles Whitehead finally stopped the booking process after Mulcahy told him “I'd like to hammer fist you right here, right now.”

Whitehead arranged for another officer to give Mulcahy a ride to his Leicester home — leaving fingerprinting, a mug shot and other elements of the booking to be done at a later time.
    11615504_BG1.jpg
    http://www.rutlandherald.com/article/20100809/NEWS01/708099999/-1/RSS10
    http://www.wcax.com/Global/story.asp?S=11615504

:)

Last edited:
    Top Bottom