W.t.s.h.t.f

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrmojo32

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Denham Springs Louisiana
    No, I do not. However....

As far as whether or not LA would be a potential target for nukes, I'm sorry to say that yeah, we would. Declassified Soviet-era documents said we would.

Take a good look around. We have the 2nd largest refinery in the US right here in BR. We have the southern-most major interstate bridge crossing on the Mississippi River- the largest river system running right through the heart of all that petrochemical industry. And then- there are the shipyards....

A nuclear attack on the industrial corridor of LA would be a strategic priority- make no mistake.

Does anyone know of any good books on the subject of Declassified Soviet-era documents and what their nuke plan was? I know they were gearing up to win and survive a nuclear war with us but most of whay I have read has just been internet stuff.

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    The pansy-ass Ruskies are late as usual. Somebody beat them to it. :D

April 30th, 2010, 01:01 PM #16
    oleheat
    At this point, the only logical solution to this problem is to use nukes. The resulting flash-fire would quickly burn off the oil- and probably aid in carterizing the actual source of the leak itself.

.....And through it all, I remained modest.:)

Possibly. Although if the media reports even the possibility of radioactive oil ending up on our beaches Minnesota will have a better chance of renting hotel rooms for beach vacations than the Gulf Coast.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    I wonder if we could find a market for "pre-cooked in the wild" seafood?:zombie:

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Does anyone know of any good books on the subject of Declassified Soviet-era documents and what their nuke plan was? I know they were gearing up to win and survive a nuclear war with us but most of whay I have read has just been internet stuff.

I saw it in a documentary once- though it's been a/b 10 years back & I don't remember the name. One of those Discovery/A&E/History Channel type documentaries......But they seemed to have us mapped out pretty damn well.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Or we could have super shrimp. :)

Now you're talkin! I could go for some of that- as long as the radiation levels are safe.:D

Moby-Shrimp--5096.jpg

jimdana1942

oldtimer
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Sulphur, La.
    Not only will the end as we know it come in our lifetime but I think it will be within no more than a couple years at the latest. Could be sooner.

Some of yall need to get your heads outa the sand and put 2 and 2 together.

Remember the movie "Fail Safe" when Slim Pickens sat on the Nuke and rode it towards the ground?

CloudStrife

Why so serious?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Not only will the end as we know it come in our lifetime but I think it will be within no more than a couple years at the latest. Could be sooner.

Remember the movie "Fail Safe" when Slim Pickens sat on the Nuke and rode it towards the ground?

What does this mean?

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009

Yeah, but I don't undrstand the cryptic message you are giving us, though.:confused:
    Are you saying The End will arrive in 4 years? Am I getting warmer?

That's gonna be an insurance nightmare, I'll bet.....

nola_

Rating - 94.4%
    17   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Nola
    Don't you all know it ends Dec 21, 2012? Just ask jimdana.

not sure what time zone the Mayans built their doomdsday prediction on. Maybe they had it out for us Central Standard Timer's, maybe Eastern or Pacific, who knows...

:rofl:

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Seriously, is the shrimp/prawn thing for real?

If it is, it's probably a -200 / count.....:D

That was most definitely photoshopped. The guys appear to be wade-fishing in a freshwater river- more than likely for some type of trout. I'm sure the fella was holding up some kind of fish....

Top Bottom