Wado Shiho Kia

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • parallel

Often Beside Himself
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    LaPlace, Louisiana
    That's the martial art we ended up choosing for our son. For us at our boy's young age we're more concerned with the instructor and how he interacts with children and how the dojo is run than with style. In time we will consider switching to another style but in the mean time we're pretty happy with where we have him. He took his first belt test and ended up jumping a belt straight to yellow belt. Truth be told he might have been able to pass the blue belt test, but I'd prefer to take it slow and let him really KNOW the katas before moving on. That is one of the good things about this dojo, all of the younger students all practice together regardless of belt, so the more advanced students don't forget the lessons learned early on and the newer students are exposed to material far above their belt level before they are responsible to know it. Even the students are exceptional as is evidenced by a brown belt student named Robin being in the picture of Isaiah being awarded his yellow belt. She is in that picture because she was instrumental to Isaiah learning his kata(s) by working with him individually.

Isaiahstance-1_zpsa3795ded.jpg

Isaiahtestingforyellowbelt2_zps7d2a5c51.jpg

Isaiahawardedyellowbelt_zps20994c55.jpg

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    How old is he? I started TaeKwonDo when I was 11ish and loved it! By 14 I was on the demonstration team and was competing all over the south. I would definitely recommend it as it teaches some good things!

Bayoupiper

New Curmudgeon
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Iowa, LA
    Enough can't be said about the importance of the interaction with young students.
    And these folks seem to have a great rapport going on.

There are too many paper dragons out there that shouldn't be allowed near kids!

Top Bottom