Waffles or Pancakes?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Waffles or Pancakes?

• Total voters

MetalVendor

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    86   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Jefferson
    Thought the ole Bayou Shooter could use a little something to lighten the mood as of late. Things have gotten a bit tense 'round these parts. So how about a friendly debate on whether waffles or pancakes rule the breakfast world, eh? :biglaugh:

This is not a discussion of what other breakfast items you enjoy (literally everyone loves bacon) or a debate about what you SHOULD eat in the mornings. Just a simple poll - waffles or pancakes? If anyone says they prefer crepes, they will be judged harshly. Maybe ole boy SouthernCanuck can chime in and tell us if pancakes or waffles are more popular up in Canadaland. And yes, we already know y'all have better syrup.

I'll be the first vote. WAFFLES!

Richard Michael

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 20, 2021
    Walker, La.
    Since we are talking breakfast and not breast, I would say biscuits and gravy first. If we are at Waffle House, then hands down, waffles! Scattered, smothered, chopped and covered hash browns are a must! Eat Well My Friends!!

Bolt Head

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2023
    Alexandria
    Back when I was eating them, I'd eaten a few waffles but pancakes were the deal for me.
    Mix up a batch, butter in the skillet, make 'em thick or thin, nice crunch around the edges along with the butter and syrup?!? YES.

Fordfella

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2018
    Lafayette, Louisiana
    Can we look at this a different way? After thinking about it I want to change my vote. I have attended an open carry event at IHOP. You can't have a gun in Waffle House unless you are LEO! Makes me hungry for pancakes now!

WhereIsIt?

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 30, 2020
    Gretna, La
    I like choc chip pancakes and i make them at home. My 13yo son would make choc chip waffles every day till the little waffle machine we had went kaput. I found this commercial waffle machine and it makes belgian waffles. We both feel its way to thick. So now on the hunt for another machine.

As for eating choc chip pancakes at a restaurant. I have very fond memories of going to Louie's Cafe when I was at LSU. The person that would serve us would give us the whole can of whip cream. The super hashbrowns were great too. I took my son there a few months back. It's in a different building not far from the one I went to. A little different then when i was in my 20s with friends but me and him and a good time.

MetalVendor

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    86   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Jefferson
    Can we look at this a different way? After thinking about it I want to change my vote. I have attended an open carry event at IHOP. You can't have a gun in Waffle House unless you are LEO! Makes me hungry for pancakes now!
    Can't have a gun in Waffle House? Oh... Oops. I've been breaking that rule for decades...

WhereIsIt?

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 30, 2020
    Gretna, La
    I'm not a picky person when it comes to how clean a restaurant is but if you only seen the back of a waffle house....When i would make deliveries to the one in laplace.....it was disgusting.

MetalVendor

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    86   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Jefferson
    I'm not a picky person when it comes to how clean a restaurant is but if you only seen the back of a waffle house....When i would make deliveries to the one in laplace.....it was disgusting.
    In their defense, almost everything in Laplace is disgusting! But I know exactly which Waffle House you're talking about.

WhereIsIt?

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 30, 2020
    Gretna, La
    In their defense, almost everything in Laplace is disgusting! But I know exactly which Waffle House you're talking about.
    rally's and sonic...i would never order food from there. I used to get mozzarella sticks because its frozen and in the fryer...nope..roaches around the fryer. I WOULD NEVER get a drink from there. I will say its been 4 or so years..so maybe its changed. Canes ....id eat off their floor. They always keep it clean.

Top Bottom