Want to by a 9mm...need suggestions

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • automan71

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    New Iberia
    A local shop had some police trade in p228's..a good bit of holster wear, which doesn't bother me much. Anything in particular to look at when checking these out? Going price? I think they were in the high 400 range. I like the feel and apperance of the p226 and 228 a lot , just need to fire one!

dwr461

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    My P228 was made in the early 1990's in Germany for the Zurich PD. I bought it from Top Gun Supply for around $400 a couple of years ago. It was grade B with holster wear. However it had been shot so little that there was NO wear on the aluminum frame rails! I bought my P6 several years ago for $300. Also a German PD trade in. Also with a lot of holster wear and little to no internal wear. I shoot both of them better than most semi auto handguns for me. Your mileage my vary.

I work shift work so I have every other weekend off.

Dave

Rm105629

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2011
    Houston
    You really can't go wrong with the above suggestions. If it's for home defense and/or range use, you could take a look at the Beretta 92fs. It shoots pretty accurate for me and the grip is pretty comfortable (though my hands are somewhat large). Plus you can get aftermarket mags at gun shows for around $10 each :)

But definitely try to handle and shoot several models before deciding. I shot glocks, sigs, and xdms (all great guns) before deciding on the 92fs.

jguilletjr

Saw Bones
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    Lafayette, La
    I have been considering the Ruger SR9C also. You like it? I have several other Rugers and have no complaints about any of them. I cant see spending a fortune for a machine that throws a 125 grain 9mm rock at an assailant, when I can get a similar machine for less money that does a great job of it.

Sin-ster

GM of 4 Letter Outbursts
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    I have been considering the Ruger SR9C also. You like it? I have several other Rugers and have no complaints about any of them. I cant see spending a fortune for a machine that throws a 125 grain 9mm rock at an assailant, when I can get a similar machine for less money that does a great job of it.

$100 is a fortune?

Cripes, no one tell the government-- I'm rich! :hi5:

automan71

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    New Iberia

A buddy of mine has one...It shoots well, but im just not crazy about it. I've had a few Rugers revolvers and .22 pistols, but never any centerfire pistols. They make a good product. They are a little more pricey now.. I havent seen them as cheap as they once were.

automan71

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    New Iberia
    GLOCK 19....made the decision. Found a deal on one lnib, w holster and extra mags. Decided it was the right size to do everything...range, home defense, ccw. The M&P was a very close second! May still get a M&P pro when the funds allow! Thanks to all that chimed in, and to those who offered to let me try your pistols. Much appreciated!!

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    I have no problem shooting them all, but it's hard to find all the models to shoot! Lol!!

Come to barneys and try them out. we have a bunch of different 9mm's including a couple cz models and glocks, etc

but i vote for the CZ 75B!!! just got one today, check out my write up:
    http://www.bayoushooter.com/forums/showthread.php?60513-Just-got-my-new-CZ-75B.
    262275_10150204958416891_640896890_7523710_6098521_n.jpg

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jbruning
    Top Bottom