Want to by a 9mm...need suggestions

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nickatnite

Crybaby Hater...
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jun 27, 2007
    Prairieville, La
    I have every flavor of 9mm Glock.... can't go wrong with them.

IMG_0004.jpg

You are missing one...

Skiney

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Between the A & the T
    This!!!!
    Star Model B
    Full Size 9mm and just as effective for your purpose as those other more expensive guns!
    How do I know? I own the others also:}
    Good luck in your search I'm sure you'll find the right fit for you!:}

IMG_2215.jpg
    [/IMG]

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    My favorite 9mm.....

IMG_1237.jpg

There are many fine pistols out there, but this one fits me. It is the pistol I shoot the best with, and since shot placement is king............

PAPACHUCK, you and I need to get together with our P229's and see how long it takes for one of us to miss while shooting bullets through the same holes with these fine pieces of art we have. Pack a lunch, we might be at it for a while.;)

Sig, baby!:D

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    340   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    I just added a P225/P6 to the fold. I have yet to try her out though. Maybe this weekend.

Sig has a Special where they will Inspect, Clean, Replace worn internal parts and Install new night sights for $99.95.
    Total cost of shipping to and from Sig is $27.50. Not a bad deal if you have a well used Sig and need new night sights.

TecheTitan

You suck & HK hates you
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 21, 2009
    New Iberia, La
    Also..those of you in competition shooting, which are the top models used?
    Not saying I'm jumping into that ring, though at one point, in the past, I was seriously thinking about it...just curious

I drink the HK Kool-Aid. I absolutely love my USP's and shoot them well. I use a USPc .45 with the LEM trigger as a daily carry gun. That being said, I picked up a Gen 4 G17 to start shooting USPSA due to the fact of availability of parts and accessories.. It took me time to get used of it for sure. I changed the sights on it and dropped in a Vanek trigger and went to a Jager 13# recoil spring. It shoots flat and smooth, but I still prefer the HK's fit in my hand.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I drink the HK Kool-Aid. I absolutely love my USP's and shoot them well. I use a USPc .45 with the LEM trigger as a daily carry gun. That being said, I picked up a Gen 4 G17 to start shooting USPSA due to the fact of availability of parts and accessories.. It took me time to get used of it for sure. I changed the sights on it and dropped in a Vanek trigger and went to a Jager 13# recoil spring. It shoots flat and smooth, but I still prefer the HK's fit in my hand.

Does anyone just shoot guns they way the were made at the factory anymore?:mamoru:

CUJOHUNTER

EARPLUGS??
    Rating - 100%
    156   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    New Orleans
    Not much of a semi auto shooter anymore but I did keep this for it's tank like post-apocalyptic survival tendencies...

http://http://upload.bayoushooter.com/viewer.php?file=iix0ndxkxo3x1r50l2e9.jpg[/IMG

[url]http://upload.bayoushooter.com/viewer.php?file=iix0ndxkxo3x1r50l2e9.jpg[/url]

Other than my Ruger,the only 9mm pistol I would like to own is a Sig Sauer. Soon I hope!

Last edited:

flamatrix99

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Zachary, La
    Im a glock fanboy. I have a G19 and a G26. I have held various M&P models and they felt very nice in my hands. Now I have never held, touched or played with Sig at all.

PAPACHUCK

Certified Gun Nut
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Sep 21, 2006
    Outside Slidell
    Sig has a Special where they will Inspect, Clean, Replace worn internal parts and Install new night sights for $99.95.
    Total cost of shipping to and from Sig is $27.50. Not a bad deal if you have a well used Sig and need new night sights.

Sounds like a plan! Thanks!!

seawolf

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 9, 2011
    North Baton Rouge
    Are there any gun ranges in your area that has a selection you can try out (rent)? Precision Firearms does over here. I've always found that helpful in making an educated decision. Shoot it to see if you like it. Otherwise if money is a concern, go with what you know. The G17 worked and you were familiar with it. Of the ones listed above I don't think any of them address the bore axis concern you stated in the original post.

good luck in your hunt

automan71

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    New Iberia
    Barneys is the nearest place, but in the past the only rentals I've noticed were Glocks. I've been to Precision in the past, and liked it, but I never rented anything... It might be worth the 1 1/2 hr ride if they have a few on my list to rent. I'll have to give 'em a call.

I liked the G17, and could just pick up another, but I think with all the great choices out there, its worth it to do a little more investigation...fun too!:D
    If you see anyone fondling all the different models in a local shop this weekend, it'll probably be me!! Lol!!

Great info guys...keep it coming!

Also, anyone with info in regards to Gen3 or Gen4 glocks??

Sin-ster

GM of 4 Letter Outbursts
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Get a Gen 3. A used Glock isn't like a use car, especially when people only shoot 500 rounds through them before selling. Provided they haven't been abused, it's hard to tell a used Glock from a new one with just a cursory glance. There are of course NIB Gen 3s out there, but they are quickly becoming exceedingly rare.

Long story short, there have been problems with a limited number of Gen 4s. I have personally shot (alongside gorilla strength guys) a Gen 4 G17 with FTE and FTF issues that were solved instantly by switching to a standard captured duide rod and recoil spring. Why Glock decided to make the switch remains a mystery for me, but until they put out some revisions, I would avoid the new generation. You are unlikely to get a problem gun (ask JBP about his), but it does happen.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jbruning
    Top Bottom