Watches, watches and more watches

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rlp

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 5, 2012
    Shreveport LA
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1464527684.560005.jpg
    My wife surprised me with this for my 50th birthday last year.

SVT Bansheeman

No more laughing dog
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Lockport, LA
    i have an 18 year old fossil i got when in jr high school. One day i may have a job i can wear it while working. Until then, it mostly sit at home. With a cell phone, there isnt a good reason for me to have a watch on.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    I'm starting to appreciate the quality of their movements. My two week old Alpine SARB017.

Nice!

The SEIKO Automatic movements run very well. I've only handled some Kinetics once, but never wore them for an extended period to see if they were worth it or not.

Tx_oil

Tx_oil
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Youngsville
    Seiko Kinetic, have owned this one for about 5 years, been flawless so far.

My current everyday watch, a Deep Blue 65 Chronograph, with 65 tritium tubes. Can read it across the room at night!

Citizen eco-drive, never thought I'd like this type of watch but it has been ultra reliable.

This is a stock photo of a new model but I do not have a personal photo to share...1982 Datejust black dial that my father wore for 30 years. I don't wear it because it would kill me if something happened to it.

Lastly, this is a watch I got for my wife recently, a Citizen Octavia eco drive in rose gold. I've been VERY impressed with Citizen value and quality!

Last edited:

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    That watch looks good.

JR1572

Thanks.
    I think more and more I like watches without rotating bezels. Gonna hold off on anything high end until I know what I really like. The amount of good looking watches made is amazing.

Last edited:

SVTFreak

Huh?
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Galvez
    So I haven't made my mind up on the tag formula 1 yet.

I picked up a cheap automatic to start learning more about them. So far I like it.
    View attachment 65364

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use a seiko 5 for work. I don't care for the busy face of a pilots watch like that. Just my opinion (many like them). I swapped mine out to a yobokies dial and much cleaner.

Ritten

SSST Mad Scientist
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Dec 8, 2007
    Thibodaux, Louisiana
    Thanks.
    I think more and more I like watches without rotating bezels. Gonna hold off on anything high end until I know what I really like. The amount of good looking watches made is amazing.

Check out the Seiko SARB033. Great movement and a nice clean watch similar to what you're leaning towards.

I'm loving the dive watches more and more. Recently picked up a couple of Deep Blue Nato 300s to go along with the SKX. At $167 shipped to the door I just couldn't pass them up.

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    Check out the Seiko SARB033. Great movement and a nice clean watch similar to what you're leaning towards.

I'm loving the dive watches more and more. Recently picked up a couple of Deep Blue Nato 300s to go along with the SKX. At $167 shipped to the door I just couldn't pass them up.

Now those I like. Thanks for the info!

Edit to add: The SARB033 does look good also.

Last edited:

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    Nice! The jubilee that comes with it is a little chinky so I put a Strapcode super oyster on mine that really makes the watch.
    20160829_180057.jpg

I'm not sure this band will grow on me and was already looking for a replacement. I think you solved my hunt for what to go with lol!

Great pic!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TonyGuillory
    Top Bottom